Chapter 40

It’s been one month since Vivienne left California. When she left, she packed enough for a month, and she arranged to have her dogs brought with her. She wanted to take this time to cope and without her dogs, she thought it wouldn't be possible.

Leigh and Chris picked Vivienne up from the airport and she asked them to drive her to the clubhouse.

-

Vivienne pulls into the Teller-Morrow lot and she sees a prospect close the gate behind them. She has her dogs in the car and she pulls in further and parks.

Jax walks out and sees Vivienne step out of her cars, her dogs jumping out behind her. “Vivienne! You’re back. And you're not in a suit?” Jax says.

Vivienne laughs, “Yeah, somehow during my time in Chicago, all my suits got ruined. So I have to get new ones. It’s casual wear for now.” she replies.

Jax laughs and hugs her. Even though Vivienne isn't a completely sentimental person, she welcomes the hug. Vivienne pulls away, “How are things going?” she asks.

“Things are good. Business is good.” Jax replies. A motorcycle rumbles in and Vivienne sees it is Tig. Jax looks at her dogs and lets them sniff him before he pets them.

Tig gets off his bike and jogs to her. He must have been going too fast because Delilah and Joanna start barking at him. Tig slows down and puts his hands up.

“Hey, hey. Relax. It’s okay.” Vivienne says as she rubs their ears. She looks up at Tig, “They’re very defensive.” she says.

Tig smiles and looks her up and down, “Vivienne! Doll! You look amazing.” he says. Vivienne smiles, “Thank you. But it’s short lived. I have to get more suits.” she says.

Tig nods and looks at the dogs next to her, “And who are these beautiful pups?” he asks. Vivienne chuckles, “This is Delilah and this is Joanna.” she says as she points to them.

“Wow, they are gorgeous. Pretty names too.” he says as he lets them sniff his hands. Jax chuckles and looks at Vivienne, “Tig loves dogs.” he says.

She laughs, “Well, that's good, because I need you to watch them while I talk to Jax for a moment. Could you do that for me, Tig?” she asks.

Tig nods, “Of course, sweetheart.” he says. She nods and looks at them, “You stay with Tig.” she says as she emphasizes the words ‘stay’ and ‘Tig’.

They yelp and she knows that they are going to listen. She smiles and nods as she walks away with Jax. “You’ve got them well-trained.” he says.

Vivienne nods, “I have to. They’re good dogs, though. And loyal, they’re always gonna stay with me.” she says.

“I don't know about that, Tig might take their attention.” he chuckles. Vivienne laughs with him. “Before we get into business, where is your mother?” she asks.

“She might be at my house. Why?” he replies. “Call her. Tell her to come here. I want to apologize. But, don't tell her I’m here.” she says.

Jax nods, “Alright.” he says before pulling out his phone. After a moment, he hangs up, “She’s already on her way.” he says.

Vivienne nods, “I’ll go into the clubhouse. Mind if I use the Chapel?” she asks. Jax nods, “All yours.” he says.

Vivienne nods and leaves. Once she enters the clubhouse, Gemma pulls into the lot. She parks and walks over to Jax, “Hey, baby.” she says as she kisses him on the cheek.

“Hey, Ma. Can I talk to you for a second?” he asks. Gemma nods and they walk into the clubhouse. Jax opens the Chapel doors and Gemma steps in.

Vivienne turns around in her chair, which is usually Jax’s chair and smiles at her, “Gemma. Lovely to see you again.” she says.

“What’s going on?” she asks. Vivienne holds her hand out, “I just want to talk.” she says. Gemma raises her brow but sits down. Jax turns to leave, “You should stay too, Jax.” she says.

Jax nods and sits down. Vivienne turns to Gemma, “Listen, Gemma, I wanted to apologize for how I spoke to you a month ago. I wasn't myself. I was grieving, angry. I was a different person and said a lot of things I didn't mean. I hope you can forgive me.” she says.

Gemma nods, “It’s alright. Water under the bridge.” she says. Vivienne smiles, “Good.” she says.

There's a second of awkward silence, “Well, if that’s all, we’re done here.” Vivienne says as she gets up. They all get up and walk out into the main room.

Jax leaves the clubhouse and Gemma and Vivienne go to the bar. “You’re usually in a suit. What’s with the jeans and tank top?” she asks, getting a water.

Vivienne chuckles, “Somehow my suits all got ruined during my time in Chicago so I have to get new ones. For now, this is the look of Vivienne Reid.” she replies.

Gemma smiles and nods. “I actually kind of prefer the suits. Makes me look more official, helps people take me seriously. And I look good in them too.” she winks.

Happy speaks from behind her, “Fuck yeah she does.” he rasps. Vivienne feels a shiver go down her spine as his voice courses throughout the room. She turns around and sees Happy, staring her down.

“I’ll uh..leave you two alone.” Gemma says as she walks out. Happy nods towards the hallway, “Let’s talk.” he says.

Vivienne nods and walks towards the dorms, Happy following behind her. Happy opens his door and lets her in. He shuts the door behind her and turns to look at her.

They stare at each other for a moment before Happy goes and kisses her. She welcomes the kiss and hugs him tightly. Happy pulls his head back, “I missed you.” he says before going to her neck.

She pants, “I missed you too.” she whispers. She gently pushes him back and stares into his dark eyes.

“Are you better?” he asks. She lets out a chuckle, “I wasn't sick, Happy. But yeah, I’m better.” she says.

Happy nods and kisses her again. She wraps her arms around his neck and he walks to the bed and they fall against it.

They kiss each other deeply, living in the moment. Vivienne’s phone rings and she groans. She pulls away and gets it from her pocket. She sees a text from Leigh saying that it’s time to go.

She sighs, “I gotta go, Hap.” she says. Happy growls and pulls back and rolls to her side. “We’ll finish this later.” she says.

She gets up and walks to the door, “See ya later, Killa.” she winks as she leaves and shuts the door behind her.