Chapter 20

Vivienne was standing out in the lot with Tony and the rest of her guys as they waited for the Sons. “You said that they’d need to talk to you?” Tony asked.

“Yes, someone from our past most likely felt the need to tell the Sons about something I did.” Vivienne says.

Kyle is walking out of the clubhouse and Vivienne goes towards him, “Hey!” Vivienne shouts. Kyle looks over and sees Vivienne and her guards walking over to him. He starts to run, “Stop!” she yells.

Kyle freezes and turns around. She looks down at him, “You know, the only reason you're alive is because of me. My guys wanted to kill you because of what you saw. But I decided against it. If anything you said to Sons jeopardizes my business, I’ll find you.” she threatens.

Kyle nods quickly and rushes out of the lot. Vivienne glares at him as he goes away and her phone rings. It’s Jax. She answers it, “Yes?” she asks.

“Hey, Vivienne. I’m sorry, I know you were just here but we need to talk. In person.” Jax says. Vivienne chuckles, “I never left. I’m outside.” she says.

“Wow, okay. We’ll be out in a second.” Jax says and hangs up. Vivienne puts her phone away, “Here we go. No matter what, don't get too defensive.” she says as she and her guards walk closer to the clubhouse.

As they approach, Jax and the rest of the Sons are walking out. “What’s going on?” Vivienne asks. “A club hangaround has told us some things about you. We need clarification.” Jax says.

Vivienne chuckles, and looks back at her guards, “Why am I not surprised?” she mutters. “What do you know?” she asks.

“Kyle said that one of Darby’s guys got their hands burned by you because the Nords didn't pay up.” Jax says. Vivienne lets out a small laugh, “Well, Kyle was misinformed.”

-

Vivienne leaned over into the man’s ear, “This is what happens when you put your hands on a woman who is just as dangerous as you claim to be.” she whispered.

-

“I was pissed off about the money. I did burn that man’s hands. But not because of the money. Because the man in question had the nerve to put his hands on me. Cornered me in a goddamn hallway and said that because of what I have between my legs, makes me property. That was an obvious mistake. If it was about the money, I would have done it to Darby. Without hesitation.” Vivienne says.

“I’m sorry that happened to you.” Jax replies. Vivienne shakes her head, “Don't be. If I felt that people needed to sympathize for shit like that happening to me, I wouldn't be who or where I am now.” she says.

Jax nods, “You’re a tough woman.” Vivienne smiles, “I am indeed.” Vivienne looks at the rest of the guys and sees in their eyes that they still are questioning her. “What else is there?” she asks.

“Well, Kyle had some other things to say. About you as a person.” Jax says. “Really? Like what?” she asks.

“You’re a tough woman, but also a dangerous one, too.” Happy says from behind Jax. Vivienne looks behind Jax to see Happy and she smirks.

She looks back at Jax, “I’m only dangerous when I have to be. When it comes to crime, I’m a woman in a man’s world. So I have to be ruthless at times to keep my reputation alive. It may sound selfish, but if you knew what it was like for me, you might reconsider.” she says.

Jax as well as the rest of the guys nod, “If you're worried that your club might get on my shitlist sometime, let me know, and I’ll tell you. I don't sugarcoat shit. If you want to step out of business, as much as I don't think it’s good idea, I’ll let you leave.” she says.

Jax gives her a simple nod and she says she needs to leave. She turns back to her cars and leaves the lot.