Chapter 13

Two weeks since Damon Pope’s death.

-

The relationship between Vivienne and Happy remains what it has been. Playful flirting, teasing, and lots of sexual tension. Every so often, about once or twice a week, Happy rides out to Oakland and sees Vivienne in her office. Her guards have eased up a little and Happy gets in the building without a hitch.

The visits haven't gotten as steamy as the first time he came, but he likes it just how it is. Slowly, but surely, Vivienne lets him in on little details of her life. Past and present.

He finds out that she’s the only one left in her family, so she has to fight hard to stay alive and on top and keep good terms with different crews. She was only 7 when her parents died and couldn't necessarily take over, so when she turned 20 years old, she ended the 13-year hiatus and stepped up, which was not easy. People didn't respect her or take her seriously. But she managed.

He finds out that she has indeed killed someone before Damon. She told him that although she’s not a cold-blooded killer like Happy is made out to be, she does serve justice where and when it’s due.

They develop a sort of connection to where Vivienne isn't as cautious when telling him these things. He still has to earn her full trust, but so far, he’s earned a fair amount.

-

Happy is standing next to Vivienne in her office, looking out of her window together and seeing Oakland. There is a comfortable silence between them, Vivienne is relaxed and so is Happy.

“You know, there’s a party at the clubhouse tonight. Gonna be a few charters there, most from up north.” Happy says. Vivienne looks at him and raises her eyebrow, “You asking me out, Killa?” she asks, smirking.

Happy shrugs his shoulders, “In a way. I wanna hang out with you, Viv.” he says. Vivienne turns to him, “Okay, say I do go. That doesn't necessarily mean we’ll sleep together.” she says.

“I know. I think I really just wanna see you outside of here, outside of a suit.” he chuckles. Vivienne chuckles with him.

She smiles at him, “You’re not gonna let the idea of me going to the party go, will you?” she asks. Happy shakes his head, a small smile on his face.

She looks at him for a moment and then nods, “Alright. I guess I can go. I’ll see you tonight.” she says.

“I’ll stop by and pick you up.” Happy says. “No, I don't think that’s necessary. I can get myself there.” she says.

Happy wants to say otherwise but eventually just nods, “Alright. I’ll see you later tonight.” he says.

He squeezes her arm and leaves. She watches him as he goes.

-

Happy is standing in the clubhouse, the party full of people raging around him. His eyes on the front door. It’s so crowded it’s difficult to see.

He is looking over someone's head and sees the top of the door open and shut. He straightens up, ‘It has to be her.’  he thinks. Anybody else who would have come is already there.

The people blocking his view move aside like someone’s trying to get through. And she was. There she was, Miss Vivienne Reid. Out of a pantsuit and in a tank top and black skinny jeans. Her hair down and her makeup looking sexy as hell.

Happy smirks at her as she walks up. She’s smiling at him and she hears a whistle coming from the side, “Whoa, Viv. Looking good, doll.” Tig says, walking by. She thanks him and he squeezes her shoulder and passes her.

Vivienne reaches Happy and moves to his side. “Want a beer?” he asks. Vivienne nods and Happy gets one. He hands it back to her and she takes a sip.

They stay where they are for almost an hour. Making small conversation here and there, passing the time and enjoying each other’s company.

A croweater saunters up to Happy and puts her hand on his chest, “Hey, Hap.” she purrs. “Why don't we go in the back and you can show me a good time.” she says.

Vivienne is corner-eyeing her and smirking. “No thanks. Why don't you go ahead and move on.” he says. She pouts but does what he says.

Vivienne smiles to herself, “I hope you're not declining that because of me.” she says, still looking at the party. Happy looks over at her, “If you need to let some of that sexual tension out, by all means, go ahead. I’m sure I could talk to Tig or someone else.” she says.

Happy chuckles, “It’s alright, little girl. I’m a big boy, I can handle it.” he says. Vivienne is still looking at the crowd in front of her, “Big boy, huh? That's encouraging.” she chuckles.

Happy looks over and leans close to her, “You’ve got no idea.” he whispers. Vivienne straightens up as she feels a shiver go down her spine and she unconsciously tightens her legs together.

She turns her body to him, “You trying to tease me?” she smirks. Happy turns as well and looks in her eyes, “Just getting you back from what you did to me in your office.” he says.

Vivienne bites her lip and turns away, just as Jury from Indian Hills, Wyatt from Vegas, Eli from Rogue River, and Jeffrey from Tacoma, all come up to say hi to Vivienne.

“Viv.” Jeffrey says, holding out his hand. She takes it, “Jeffrey, how are you?” she asks. He nods, “I’m good, never thought I’d see you at one of these things.” he says.

Vivienne smiles, “Yeah, well, sometimes you just gotta have fun once in a while. I’m here at Happy’s invitation.” she says. Jeffrey smirks at Happy and Vivienne greets the rest of the Presidents.

After making small conversation, they all leave, Jeffrey hugging Happy because they were in the same charter.

Vivienne checks her watch and sees it’s almost midnight. She finishes her beer, “I need to head home. I’m gonna go say bye to the guys.” she says.

Vivienne walks over and says bye to Tig, and Happy sees them hug and he gets a little jealous. She shakes hands with the rest of the guys and she goes back to Happy. “When will I see you again, do you think?” he asks.

“Well, you can follow me home, if you’d like.” she says. Happy shrugs his shoulders and finishes his beer and heads out with her.

They get out the door and see two SUVs running and ready to go. “Jesus. They been here the whole time?” Happy asks. Vivienne laughs, “No. I texted about 15 minutes ago.” she says.

She gets in the cars and Happy gets on his bike and follows her home.