Chapter 49

Jema's

It's been three days since we got back from New York. And it's been three days since I found out the truth. Silly, right? Alam ko na yung totoo but I still chose not to believe hangga't hindi siya ang nagsasabi.

Her father said that she was getting married with Celine. And that shit hit me hard. Kaya pala Celine asked me a weird question nung nandun pa ako. Few more days before their wedding day. Pero ayoko parin talagang maniwala eh.

The day that her father talked to me is the day that they left. Mas nauna silang umuwi dito sa pilipinas kaysa saamin. At yung naging dinner namin? Ayun yung huling araw na nakausap, nakasama, at nakita ko siya.

Until now, Im still waiting for her texts and calls but unfortunately, wala akong natatanggap. Maybe the rumors are real, yes, even our friends know about it. They know na ikakasal na siya, and our friends chose not to tell me. Reason nila? They can't afford to see me hurt, to see me crying over and over again.

"Time to get your ass up, Jessica. Tryout day today! Dun mo nalang ibuhos lahat ng sama ng loob mo. Maybe in that way, it'll help you." I whispered to myself and head straight to the bathroom.

It didn't took long and Im done preparing. Im just wearing my shirsey that I got way back when I was in highschool. Volleyball player, you know.

"Mafe, Jema. Ayos na ba kayong dalawa? Ma-ttraffic tayo oh. Alas otso na!" I heard Jia shouted outside. I took a deep breath and grabbed my phone beside my bed. One last time, I opened my phone and saw our picture together, at the park where she always go to whenever she wanted to be free and relax.

Maybe I should change my fucking lockscreen and forget about everything. Wait, nakalimutan ko naman na lahat hindi ba? I just shrugged off of what I thought and went outside.

"Mag-iingat kayo, Jema. Text me when you get there. Okay? Mamaya, I'll try to pick you up. I'll treat you lunch!" Minsan lang manlibre tong si Ate Jovi.

She knew what happened between us, ni Deanna. But she didn't say anything about it, instead she comforted me.

"Ate, na-eexcite na ako. Grabe, feeling ko masasapawan ako ng mga magagaling mamaya." Mafe said while she's holding her rosary. The fuck.

"Gaga. Magaling ka naman, you just have to believe that you are! And when you believe in yourself, you can overcome their power! Trust me. Wag kang nega." Jia is also trying out for the National Team. Magaling siya. She's really the epitome of a Best Setter! No joke though.

Nakalaro ko na si Jia noon, and as her friend Im proud of her kasi dati takot yan sa bola eh. We used to be classmates nung highschool, hanggang sa naka-team ko ulit siya dati. Volleyball parin yung reason. She pursued her passion, and look at her now! She's doing great.

"Psst. Te Jema! Baba ka na jan, nandito na tayo. Baka mamaya magsimula na sila." Ganun ba ako katagal nag-isip? Well, okay na yun kesa naman siya yung isipin ko. Masasaktan lang ako ng wala sa oras.

How dare the both of them hurt me. Bullshit.

We entered inside the court and started the tryout. We did some drills, etc. We are also grouped into two teams, Jia and I are teammates while Mafe is in the other.

Our tryout went well, madaming magagaling yung sumali. And I admit, they're really good. Walang wala ako sakanila.

"Oh, Jema, hintayin nalang natin yung updates nila. Tara na, nagugutom na ako. Nag-text saakin si Ate Jovi, kitain nalang daw natin siya sa mall." Lumabas na kami nila Mafe at pumara ng taxi. Hindi niya kasi dinala yung kotse niya eh.