Chapter 50

Deanna's

"Deanna, na-contact mo na ba ang organizer mo?" Papa said while fixing his pants.

I nod at him as an answer. We're here at a hotel in Quezon City, we will be staying here until our... wedding. Alam kong hindi ko nanaman naipaglaban si Jema. Alam kong naging gago nanaman ako.

Naging duwag ako and whatsoever, but believe me, this time it's for her own good and for her family's safety. Ayoko na ikwento yung naging usapan namin ni papa. Ang gusto ko lang, maging masaya na ng tuluyan si Jema. Kahit na magalit pa siya sakin. Ayos lang.

"Deanna," Nilingon ko si Ate Kianns. "May naghahanap sayo sa lobby."

"Huh? Sino daw? At bakit? Anong kailangan, Ate?" Bihira lang kasi ang nakakaalam na nakabalik na ako ng pilipinas. Well, except for one.

"Gaga, babain mo kaya?!" She said and raised her brows at me.

I have no choice but to go down to the lobby. Kahit na tinatamad pa akong kumilos. Sino ba naman kasing hindi tatamarin kung kayo nasa position ko, diba?

"Miss? May naghahanap daw sakin?"

"Ms. Wong?" She asked so I nod. "Ah! Ayun po, the girl sitting sa may couch siya po yun." She said and smiled at me.

I walked towards to the couch, hindi ko mamukhaan kung sino to. Who's this kaya?

"Uhm, excuse me? Are you the one-" I haven't got a chance to finish what Im saying when I saw who's the girl infront of me.

"Deanna," Sumikip yung dibdib ko. Grabe naman talaga! Nakita ko na siya nun sa mall eh. Ngayon nanaman? "Let's talk."

I sat beside ate Jia. Hindi naman sa nagrereklamo ako, pero puro sermon nanaman ang aabutin ko dito. I already said sorry to her but can she just accept it?

"What about it, Ate Ji? You already talked to me nung nagkita tayo sa parking."

"Deanna, just listen to me one last time." I looked away. Lord, can you just finish this problem? Paulit ulit nalang kasi. I already did my part. The hardest part of being in love, letting her go. It's against for me but it's for her! For them! They just can't understand where Im coming from.

"Deanna, why? Bakit? Off all people that I know who's brave, ikaw pa? Ikaw pa talaga. That's not you. No. Never."

"You'll never understand me!"

"How can we understand you kung hindi mo naman din samin pinapaintindi?! Deanna, come on! Just come to think of it. Paano namin mabibigay sayo yung understanding na hinihingi mo if you, yourself, won't let us to understand you and won't do such a thing para intindihin ka namin!"

"That's it! Letting her go was a enough reason for you to understand where Im coming from, Ate Ji. Yun na yun." I calmly answered her. But she then just raised her brow at me.

Which of the words I said to her she can't understand? Gulp.

"Ewan ko sayo, Deanna. Alam mong I care to the both of you that's why Im doing this-"

"Ate Ji, please stop. Eto na to eh, sinimulan ko na. All I have to do is to finish it."

I stood up and went inside the elevator avoiding her gaze. I held my forehead and rest my head near the wall.