- N i n e -

Maddie: "Now I'mma clean my apartment while you stay out of my way."

Billie: "Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

Billies POV:

I watched Maddie walk up the stairs, and I knew she left her phone in the kitchen. I hopped off the couch and lightly ran to the kitchen. I didn't even fucking think about her password.

Okay, she's simple I wouldn't be anything too complicated. Her birthday. I typed in 0825, nothing. I got the idea I typed in my birthday. 1218. It unlocked. I laughed to myself and I go on Instagram.

"Hey, guys so Maddie's upstairs and we're gonna scare the hell out of her." I start lightly walking up the stairs as I was filming. She was at the dryer turned around folding something, I pushed her. I have never seen someone jump like that, I'm still filming because I'm dying of laughter.

Maddie: "I can't stress this enough okay? Fuck you."

Billie: "It's payback bitch."

Maddie hit me. She ran down the stairs and I stopped filming as I chased after, she was in the kitchen on the other side of the island.

Maddie: "Wait how'd you figure out my password?"

Billie: "It's not that hard when it's my birthday."

Maddie rolled her eyes.

Billie: "You shouldn't have hit me."

Maddie rolled her eyes again.

Billie: "Oh so you're bold now."

Maddie smirked.

Billie: "You know you should just give in to make this shit easier."

Maddie shook her head.

Maddie was just starring at me, I don't know what she was trying to accomplish but it wasn't working. Maddie's phone still was still in my pocket, and it started ringing. She walked over to me and I took it out of my pocket, I could see that Isaac was calling her. She took it from me and then walked upstairs.

Maddie: "I'll be back, please stay here."

Billie: "Okay?" I was confused, I didn't know why he called her.

I was sitting on the counter for like five minutes, and then I see Maddie walk down the stairs. Was she crying?

I rushed over to her, and I stopped her from walking away.

Billie: "What's wrong? What was that about?"

Maddie: "Just don't worry about it." She got out of my grip and walked to the kitchen and sat on the counter, she ran her hands through her hair and wiped her eyes. I walked over to the other island and sat in front of her, I just studied her. She most definitely cried, her eyes were puffy.

Billie: "Maddie."

She still sat there looking at the ground.

Billie: "You can talk to me about anything, you know that right?"

She looked at me and smiled, but then looked back down at the ground.

Maddie exhaled.

Maddie: "It's not that I don't want to tell you, I just don't want it affecting your life too because you didn't do anything to deserve it."

I was beyond lost.

Billie: "If it's affecting you, then it's already affecting me. Because I don't wanna see you sad."

Maddie: "Basically my ex that almost ended my career knows about us or whatever."

Billie: "How does she-"

Maddie: "I can't figure that out, the only option is the paparazzi moment."

Billie: "It's all my fault, I'm sorry."

Maddie: "No it's not your fault, I had fun and you had fun. So just because she's talking shit about us as a couple isn't going to..."

She was struggling with her words.

Billie: "I know what you're trying to say, don't let her get to you because I know you're scared that she's going to fuck you over again. But she won't, I won't let it happen."

Maddie: "That's the thing, I don't want you to devote your life to making sure she doesn't hurt me again."

Billie: "Look I care about you... like a lot, so I promise that I won't "devote" my life to making sure she doesn't hurt you again. But I am going to help and look out for you."

Maddie gave me a smile.

Billie: "You don't have to tell me what happened if you don't feel comfortable doing that, but just know when you're ready I'm here and I'm going to listen."

She looked at me.

Maddie: "Really?"

Billie: "Yeah, of course, there are just some things that can be talked about a better time."

Maddie: "Thank you, Billie. I really appreciate you."

Billie: "You're welcome, You'll always have me"

Maddie: "You'll always have me too."

I looked at my phone and realized the time was 11:34.

Billie: "Do you wanna go to bed?"

She nodded

I hopped off the counter and walked over to her, I lock our fingers together as I pull her off the counter gently. Once she was on the ground, she kept holding my hand. I smiled to myself but she couldn't see it because my hair was in the way. Man, I'm head over heels for her.

We walked up the stairs and she let go of my hand, but she pulled my hand with her until I wasn't in her reach anymore. She walked to the bathroom and I got into bed, and I looked at my phone. I went to Instagram specifically, I looked at Maddie's tagged stuff. I saw a screenshot of what appeared to be a live stream, so I read the caption

mvupdates: so apparently Maddie's ex was on live talking shit about Billie and Maddie, she said that Billie's wasting her time and that they're not going to last. We love and support you Maddie ❤️

The main reason I read it, is that I wanted to know what she said, if I was wasting my time then I would've already figured that out. But this someone I could see going pretty far with like I'm head over heels for her. She's so pretty and genuine. Like I don't understand how someone could not like her, there is not a bad bone in her body.

She walked out of the bathroom and got into the bed right beside me, she rested her head on my shoulder. I was still sitting up, but she didn't question. I started playing with my oversized ring.

Maddie: "You're playing with your ring, you're nervous. Why?"

Billie: "I'm not nervous about anything, I was just adjusting it."

Maddie: "Oh okay."

Dude I really got starting paying attention to what I do when I'm nervous. I rested my head on top of hers and I started humming listen before I go, only because it's light and peaceful.

After I finished the song I stopped for a second to really see if she was asleep, I looked at us in the mirror across from the bed. She looked adorable, after admiring her I readjusted myself to where I'm fully laying down and so is Maddie. I fell asleep shortly after I repositioned myself.

------------------------

thanks ily

words: 1158.