- O n e h u n d r e d & s i x t y s e v e n -

About two hours later.

Holden and I were at the coffee shop, and I feel like I haven't really talked to him in a minute because we went to fashion week, but it was so loud and it just wasn't the time to talk.

We were sitting in a booth, we both decided that we should get some work done. So him and I were just working on upcoming projects.

Holden: "So I saw that Billie came for your party, how did that go?"

Maddie: "It went really good, she surprised me and then she told me the story of how she got here. It was amazing, and I couldn't have been happier with her coming here."

Holden: "What did she get you for your birthday?"

Maddie: "A promise ring." I smiled at the memory.

Holden: "Aw, that's cute."

Maddie: "Did you get moved in successfully?" I asked him as I typed an email.

Holden: "Yeah, I know my roommate from last year. So this semester should be a breeze. But I got some good news."

Maddie: "Oh?"

Holden: "I get to move to L.A. in late December."

Maddie: "Really?!"

Holden: "Yes, my school approved it and they said that I could take the final courses online, then from there I don't know what'll happen."

Maddie: "Let me talk to my team, I could get you signed with me to be my photographer and editor. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it would be an amazing thing to put on your resume."

Holden: "I would love to, text me when you want everything to happen. So like what's your team like?"

Maddie: "Everyone has a place, Kenzie is my manager and my stylist and low-key my event planner. Then there's Elle, she's my nail lady. When I get back from tour, I want to hire an assistant. Because I hate doing everything business wise myself. But then there's Alyssa, she's like the manager of all the brand shoots I do. There's a lot more, but those are main ones. Then if you would get signed, you would be the photographer and editor."

Holden: "Your team sounds amazing, how often do you shoot?"

Maddie: "Depends, if I don't have a brand shoot. Then I shoot once a week for Instagram, and how those shoots work. We just walk around L.A. and take pictures in areas that would look good. But if there's a brand shoot, then those would get edited by the company and I would post them like the second I got back. So you would be like the Instagram photographer and editor."

Holden: "So what did you and Billie do during the first day of Fashion Week?"

Maddie: "She took me on a date, to this dock that over looked the ocean. It could not have been more perfect."

Holden: "Have you seen the dating articles?"

Maddie: "Yeah, Billie and I decided that we're not going to do anything about it because you don't have to confirm every rumor, and if you don't confirm every rumor then you're always the main topic. I like to think it's making me more successful, I mean like not to eat my own ass or anything. But I want to get more successful than I already am."

Holden: "You're not eating your own ass at all, because no matter how big you are, you should always strive to become bigger and you should always think about your future."

Maddie: "I know, that's what I've been thinking about a lot. Because my life is really about to change after tour, like I made a hella impulsive decision buying that house and I don't know if that was the right decision right now. Like don't get me wrong, I am in love with that house and it's so close to Billie's and the location is perfect. But am I really ready to make that huge ass step and grow my career hella? I don't know if I am."

Holden: "What do you mean?"

Maddie: "The last, however many months. I've been working my ass to go on tour, but when I get back. I'm not going to be anywhere near as busy, like I'm still gonna have shit to do. But like I feel like the house isn't going to hold everything that I need it to, its not going to hold the potential that I want."

Holden: "You gotta look at this way, Billie is going to be off tour. Your relationship is going to grow so much and I can't wait to hear about it, but that house can only hold the potential you want if you let it. If you feel like it's not going to provide for you like it should, then you need to do everything in your power to make sure it does. Because from what you told me, you love that house and everything associated with it. You gotta make it your own."

Maddie: "I know, but what if I do all this work to make me feel successful in that house and it doesn't work?"

Holden: "You don't know if you don't try, what's your career focus when you get back from tour?"

Maddie: "I have no fucking clue, the tour has completely wiped out my schedule and I can't do shit until I'm fully back. I haven't talked to Kenzie about what I wanna do, I know I have fashion week in Paris with Billie when she gets back. I know Billie just has like award shows planned, but I have no clue what I'm going to do."

Holden: "What do you wanna do?"

Maddie: "Billie made me this list of things that I can do get bigger, and I wanna do those, one to see if I can do it and two to make her proud but there's that fills my heart more than seeing her happy because of something I did."

-----------------

okay, i know most of you are saying that you trust me, and like i love you for that. but i have to throw one more breakdown in there. i love you, im sorry.

POSTING AN EXTRA CHAPTER BECAUSE I GOT MY STORY BACK AND THEREFORE I AM UNSTOPPABLE!!

thanks ily sm

words: 1031.