- O n e h u n d r e d & f i f t y f o u r -

Maddie: "Yeah." I started walking faster, so he could get pictures of me walking.

He caught up after he got the picture he wanted.

Holden: "I'll text these to you, because I wanna edit them."

Maddie: "That's fine, but I have a question though."

Holden: "Go for it."

Maddie: "As you know, I'm in New York for my birthday, and I decided that I wanna celebrate. I was wondering if you would come?"

Holden: "I start school soon, so I'll try. I have to move back in and everything. So I will try to get there."

Maddie: "It's fine, if you can't make it. I understand." I say understandingly.

Holden: "If you were going to go to college, what would you study?"

Maddie: "I was going to go, but then all the shit happened to me and I said fuck it. I graduated hella early, so I had time to evaluate my options. But I didn't end up going. Couldn't deal with the stress."

Holden "Woah, hold up. You were going to go college?"

Maddie: "Yes, full ride scholarship to do law shit or whatever."

Holden: "Oh my god, you're a nerd!" He made fun of me.

Maddie: "Clowning me, I see. I was not a nerd, I was just really fucking smart for my age."

Holden: "I don't care you were a nerd."

Maddie: "Hey, at least I didn't go to school to make some kid from my school jealous. You're petty as hell."

Holden: "And?" He saw no shame, and I just laughed at him.

We've been walking for a long ass time, and we finally get to the pool. I look at the water, and it's reflected blue because of the lights and partially because of the sky even though its eight.

I take off my coat, and I get into the water. Holden looks up from his phone as he hears me hit the water.

Holden: "Do you have a pool at your new house?"

Maddie: "Yes sir." I gave him a goofy smile.

He smiled at me and started shooting pictures of me, I moved all around the pool. Doing different things with my hands.

Holden: "We got it, we're gonna Uber back because I don't want you get too cold." He got a towel out from the bag he was carrying, I smiled at him and wrapped the towel around me waiting to dry off a little bit before getting back into the clothes I was wearing before.

We get back to my hotel, after maybe another hour? I'm not sure about how long it took. But all I know is, is that I'm tired as hell. He waved me goodbye, and he didn't drive off with the Uber driver until I was safe in the building.

I walked over to elevator, and I took this time to look at my phone to see a text from Billie.

Babygirl❤️

ft, I wanna hear about your shoot.

give me like five minutes.

Okay, I'm free for the rest of the night.

bet.

Read at 11:21PM

I got off on my floor, and walked to Kenzie's room. I wanted to tell her I'm back.

She came over to the door and opened it.

Maddie: "I'm back."

She just looked at me with the bigger grin.

Maddie: "What?"

Kenzie: "You're party's gonna be on the fifth instead of the eighth and you have two meetings tomorrow so we're not gonna be able to tour New York like you wanted."

Maddie: "It's cool we could do it another time, I'mma go FaceTime Billie and go to sleep. I love you bitch."

Kenzie: "I love you too."

I walked out of her room, and scanned the keycard in the door. I opened my phone and pushed the FaceTime Icon next to Bille's name.

Billie: "How was your shoot?"

Maddie: "It was really good, I cannot wait to get the pictures back. I learned more about him and that's about it. What did you do today?"

Billie: "Show, meet and greet, interview, meeting."

I sigh at the fact she sounds so drained about tour, which I know she is. she doesn't talk to me about how she feels, like I know that she's stressed and all. But I don't ever want her to have the feeling that she can't trust me.

Billie: "You good? You stopped talking."

Maddie: "Yeah, I'm just tired. I'm really not looking forward to these meetings tomorrow though."

Billie: "Can I tell you something?"

Maddie: "Of course."

Billie: "You're still my priority."

Maddie: "I know."

I looked at my phone, and she smiled lightly.

Maddie: "You can't fool me Eilish, I know you're games."

Billie: "Sure you do."

She gave her famous smirk.

Maddie: "What are you up to?"

Billie: "Nothing your beautiful brain needs to worry about."

I sighed realizing there's no way to get her to spill what's going on.

Maddie: "Do you feel the same, as when you left?"

Billie: "What do you mean? Do I still have the same hatred for tour? Or do I still feel the same about you?"

Maddie: "Both."

Billie: "I still hate tour, but not as much since I'm not as busy as I thought I was gonna be. And yes shorty, I still feel the same about you. If anything, my feelings have grown stronger- even though I didn't think that was possible. I just can't wait to see you."

Maddie: "I feel the same way, but I love tour for you. So I guess I can't relate to you on that."

Billie: "Do you feel the same?"

Maddie: "Of course, I still think about you everyday. I still sleep in your hoodies, I don't know, I just feel like you're gonna forget about me at some point."

Billie: "Shorty, are you crazy? Why would I ever forget about you? You're my world and why would I forget about my world?"

Maddie: "You're doing so many things, not without me, but without me. You're having all these amazing moments, and I'm not there to celebrate with you."

Billie: "I feel the same way shorty, I can't go to fashion week with you and I can't go to your birthday celebration. Like this is all key events in each others lives and we're not there."

I never looked at it like that.

---------------------------

i feel like this book is never going to fucking end, i just wanna move on to the sequel already god damn.

thanks ily

words: 1074