- F i f t y s i x -

About 4 hours later.

3:46PM

Maddie: "Baby! I'm hungry!" She shouted from the room.

Billie: "Where do you wanna go?" I yelled back.

Maddie: "Taco Bell!"

Billie: "Bet!"

I hear her come running down the stairs, into the kitchen where I was with my mom.

Billie: "I have never seen you run down your own stairs, so why only other peoples?"

Maddie: "Because I'm scared that I'mma break the mirror at the foot of my stairs."

I rolled my eyes playfully.

Billie: "Let's go."

We walked out the front door, and we walked to my car. Once we got in the car, I rested my hand on her thigh and I started driving to the closest Taco Bell.

Maddie: "Let me pay!" She whined.

Billie: "That's not how this works."

Maddie: "Oh? So how does this work?"

Billie: "You drive, you pay, your car, your credit card."

Maddie: "Oh okay." She said sarcastically.

I ordered and pulled up behind the car in front of us, no matter what fucking time it is. There is always a line at Tao Bell.

Billie: "How's your Calvin Klein line coming?"

Maddie: "Okay I guess, I don't know. So the day after the carpet I had a meeting, I asked them just to send me samples. They sent five boxes filled to the top, and I've only tried on three boxes. I really got my self into a pickle, because I don't even have a vision for this line. Then I have a whole collection, launching with prettylittlething. I have to shoot twice for it, and it comes out on Tuesday."

Billie: "So you're busy busy."

Maddie: "Yeah I am, and don't get me wrong I love what I'm doing and I love where I am. But it's so fucking stressful, I've been so stressed recently because the farther that I get into the month the more shit I have coming. Like I'm so scared that I'mma fuck something up." 

Billie: "You're not going to fuck anything up, you're so passionate about what you do and what you put out. Overall, no matter what you do, I'm proud of you."

Maddie: "Thank you's."

We pulled up to the window and got our food. I handed Maddie the bag and her drink, she put the bag down in front of her on the floor and she put her straw in her drink. 

Billie: "What time do you wanna go home?"

Maddie: "Late as possible, you wanna stay the night?"

Billie: "Of course shorty."

Maddie: "Otays yay." 

We pull up to my house, Maddie was holding the bag of food and her drink. I opened the door for her and she walked up the stairs to my room, she set the bag down on my bed. 

She got her food out of the bag and unwrapped it, her phone dinged.

Maddie: "You are fucking kidding me."

Billie: "Hmmm?"

Maddie: "I have a shoot before my appearance on Saturday."

Billie: "What's the shoot for?"

Maddie: "Prettylittlething."

About 30 minutes later. 

Maddie was laying at the foot of her bed, she was complaining that her foot hurts. So she laid down and held her foot up, I so grabbed it and started rubbing it. She kept laughing because she claimed that it tickled.

There was a knock on the door.

Finneas: "Hey Claudia and I are watching Hocus Pocus downstairs even though it's July. You guys can join if you want."

Billie: "Finneas you know how I feel about that mo-"

Maddie: "OMG WE'RE COMING."

Maddie flipped herself over and grabbed my hand, she pulled my off the bed and dragged me down the stairs. She threw me on the couch and put me in the position that she wanted me in, she put my feet up on the table. My arm resting on the arm rest, she walked around the table. She then rested her head in my lap and grabbed my hand and placed it on her scalp. I playfully scoffed at her.

Billie: "Finneas you know how I feel about this movie." I complained.

Finneas: "You can't say no to Maddie though."

Maddie: "So you don't like this movie?"

Billie: "I never understood like why."

Maddie: "Damn I don't know if I can love you anymore, you don't like Hocus Pocus." She joked.

Billie: "Haha." I mocked.

The movie starts playing and I'm already irritated. This movie was just never that entertaining to me, but everyone around me loves it. 

Maddie moved one of my legs over so she could see through my feet, I laughed while I massaged her scalp. She's going to fall asleep, she's not going to last.

Since I didn't like the movie, I noticed Maddie's small features that I never really noticed before. Like how she silently laughs at the parts that she found funny or how her glasses hug her nose perfectly. How the hair pulled down from her messy bun frames her face perfectly. How her eyes slowly get more heavy as she relaxes and falls asleep. 

I smile to myself as I actually watch the movie, I don't understand how she sleeps so much. Like she could be wide awake and then if she gets comfortable she falls asleep.

Claudia was looking at me, she mouthed I love you to me. I mouthed it back, I smiled while I watched the movie. Everyone around me is so happy now.

Maddie's POV:

I wasn't really asleep, I was hella relaxed. But I was listening to the movie, I could sense Billie was staring at me. I rolled over so I'm facing Billie's stomach. She lightly laughed and kept massaging my scalp. 

The movie ended and Billie stretched, and I moved.

Billie: "Sorry shorty."

Maddie: "You're fine." I yawned and stretched.

Billie: "Do you wanna go to your house?"

I looked for my phone but I found Billie's instead, and I checked the time it was 7:43PM. I also saw her background and I rolled my eyes.

Maddie: "Sure."

I got up off of Billie, and I walked up the stairs. I found my phone in her room, I grabbed the hoodie that I came in yesterday.

Maddie: "I'm ready."

She saw what I had in my arms and she laughed. 

-------------------

thanks ily

words: 1045