- F i f t e e n -

The Next Morning,11:17AM (look out for normal times.) 

Maddie's POV:

Billie's been playing with my hair for a nice four hours now, she didn't sleep. Why? No one else was awake, I needed to know why she didn't sleep.

I looked up to see Billie looking down at me smiling, it caused me to blush and I hid my face in her arm.

Billie: "Good morning shorty."

Maddie: "Let's go talk outside."

Billie: "Okay?"

I got up and Billie followed me, she caught up with me, and grabbed my hand and looked down and smiled. I smiled too, and we walked to the porch swing that we sat on yesterday.

I exhaled and pulled my hair back into a low ponytail, I was trying to figure out how to word this.

Maddie: "Why didn't you sleep?"

She looked at me.

Billie: "Because I overheard a conversation that I really wish I didn't."

Maddie: "Between?"

Billie: "Isaac and Dani."

Maddie: "What do you know?"

Billie: "I know why you're scared I'mma feel sorry for you."

Maddie: "Why?"

Bille: "Because the last person you told, told somebody else and that somebody else pitied you."

Maddie: "Do you know anything else?"

Billie: "No, they only talked about that for a second and then they talked about what's gonna happen when I leave for tour."

Maddie: "What'd they say?"

Billie: "That you're gonna be broken."

Maddie: "I mean they're not wrong." I laughed

Billie: "Shorty I don't wanna break you."

Maddie: "But you're going on tour one way or another, don't let me effect your career. I'll be sad yeah. But I know that you're doing something you love, and that makes me happy. You don't leave for like three months, we can't spend our entire time together worrying about what's gonna happen when you do leave. When you do leave, we'll handle it in a mature way. I promise."

Billie: "Pinky promise?"

I held out my pinky, and she held out hers and we held it for awhile. We were looking in each others eyes and Billie had the cutest look on her face. I started laughing, I can't be serious for anything. 

Billie: "People that break pinky promises are fucked up."

Maddie: "It was three minutes, and I made it up to you."

Billie: "Whatever."

Maddie: "What else did they say?"

Billie: "They didn't talk about your situation that much, I know nothing still, don't worry about it. They were like I fear for the day Billie leaves, when Billie's gone we're all miserable. They were talking about how we make each other happy and how we've both been used and cheated on and how we're there for each other."

Maddie: "What started the conversation?"

Billie: "They came back from the storage room, Dani was talking about how we were already asleep. Then she started talking about how we make each other happy, Isaac said that we've both been through a lot and we won't do each other dirty. He then said something like "You remember Maddie after the whole thing with Nicole? It's still burned in my brain." Dani then tried to describe you on that said day and she couldn't find the right string of words. Isaac then said that you're head over heels for me."

Maddie: "I mean he's not wrong, but continue."

Billie: "I might have got this out of order, but then I think Dani asked what's gonna happen when I leave for tour. Isaac said a shit show, then he said that we'll handle in a mature way because that's just how we are. Dani was then like we're the source of each other's happiness. Isaac said he likes when I'm on tour just cause it's good for my name, but when I'm gone you're all miserable."

Maddie: " You make me really happy."

Billie: "Aww you make me happy too shorty, theres more do you wanna hear it?"

Maddie: "Yes please." I said in a baby voice

Billie laughed and then proceeded to tell me what they said.

Billie: "Dani said that we're both tough but when I leave that's gonna tear you in half, but you're not gonna talk about it because that's just how you are. Dani couldn't put it in into- into words- how much it's gonna break you"

Her voice got softer when she said break you.

Billie: "She fears for the day I leave she's worr- she doesn't want you to feel sad. Isaac said that they're gonna be there for you no matter what. Dani thinks that you should tell me what happened between you and Nicole, because I'd be there and listen to everything you had to say no matter how long it takes. But you have this fear that I'm going to feel sorry for you because of the last girl you told, told Tana and Tana pitied you."

Maddie "I-"

Billie: "I'm sorry, Dani didn't say that last part- I put two and two together and yeah."

Maddie: " Billie, I care about you-"

Billie: "I'm not trying to convince you to tell me what happened, I'm telling you what Dani said. But if you are ever ready to tell me, I'm here no matter how long it takes." She placed her hand on top of mine and closed her hand.

I know she's here for me, I know that. It's just Billie could give me all the reassurance in the world and I would still think that she'd feel sorry for me, thats just who I am.

Maddie: "I know."

Billie: "There's more."

Maddie: I exhaled. "Go."

Billie: "You sure shorty?"

Maddie: "Just get it over with."

Billie: "... Okay, so Isaac said that he thinks that you shouldn't tell me. He said that you're not hiding anything, it's just something that was tragic. He said that you trust me and I trust you, which is true. He then said he knows why that you think I'mma feel sorry for you. Dani asked why she's been trying to figure it out, then Isaac told her the Tana story, then turns out Dani was there. The only reason she brought you to that party or whatever was to meet this girl that had dirt on Nicole, she was just trying to help you and then she proceeded to blame herself for the Tana story and then Isaac said she was just trying to help."

Maddie: "Is that it?"

Billie in a soft voice almost faint: "Yeah."

---------------

thanks ily

words: 1084