Chapter One • Found You

(This is the first thing I publish here, so I don't have any perception of what length a chapter should be yet. It feels a bit long, but I hope you like it.)

If any one is rereading: I love you ♡
And I love all FTR as well ♡

Trigger Warning:
This story contains and/or discuss abuse, sexual abuse, foul language and violence. I beg of you not to read the story if any of these offend you or cause you any sort of discomfort or harm. I did not write the story with any intention to offend, harm or cause anyone any form of harm. If you decide to read it, please keep in mind that the story is set during a time where women had very little say over their life or rights. Keep in mind that the story is  historical fiction.

*Very long Chapter*

-Jade-

Jade opened her eyes. She instantly squinted because of the sharp sun light that shone through the little window of the loft in which she slept. Lifting her arm, still heavy from sleep, she shielded her eyes as they adjusted to the light.

As the stinging sensation in her eyes subsided, she glanced at the window. It hadn't been washed in a fortnight and drops from the latest rainstorm had left a pattern of stains on the glass. 

The sunlight soaked the wooden floor of her room. However, her room was really the loft of her father and mother's house. Her parents and siblings shared the two bedrooms on the second floor below. There had been no more room for her on the second floor since her youngest brother Pete had come into this world.

She rolled over onto her left side, unwilling to get up. The rays of the morning's unforgiving light hit her back now instead of her face. Late summer was almost here and the days had started to shift from comfortably warm to sweltering hot. Making her chores outside tiresome and sweaty. She was still exhausted from picking weeds in her father's scorching hot fields the day before. And today would be no different. One could only wish for it to be a cloudy day...

"Just a little longer..." She moaned and closer her eyes. 

Just as she was drifting off, the neighbor's cursed rooster screamed his first call of the morning. Frustrated, Jade opened her eyes and furiously pulled herself straight up. Sitting on the side of her bed, she prayed for a swift and premature death for that stupid poultry.

"I'm up...! You wretched plague..." She growled and combed some of her long hair out of her face with her fingers. She snatched her clothes from the floor, gathering them in her lap. "Who knows?" She stretched her neck from left to right in a semi-circle. It cracked lightly, as did her back when she stretched it as well. "Maybe you can be part of the harvest celebration?"

Dragging her feet, she walked sluggishly to the stained window, bent over and studied the garden. Her clothes still in her arms. A quiet whimper slipped out between her lips when she recalled the long and dull walk she had to make to the village baker. One of her many chores was to get bread in the morning for her family. Her eyes swept the world outside her window.

Dew was still hanging on for dear life in the grass and small wild creatures sneaked around in the bushels. Everything from the neighbors' cat to their hens, which Jade would have to herd into their enclosures later. It was also one of her chores, but their neighbor gave them eggs in return. 

Jade flinched when the rooster crowed again. She turned her gaze to where his screams originated from; on the rooftop of their neighbor's house. The menace stood safely on the roof of his master's house, puffing his chest out. The ugly creature stood on his two skinny legs and stretched proudly before he crowed for the third time. This time he seemed to give it his absolute best. Jade grimaced at the noise.