Chapter Sixty Five • Coronation • Part 2

It's Coronation Day! 

*Screaming*

I hope you liked the last part, and most importantly I hope you survived it lol. Brace yourselves because this part is even longer than part 1 and I am very sorry about it. However, it felt wrong to make three parts. 

Get comfy; make som tea, pop some popcorn!

If there are any errors, as always; please let me know so I can correct them! I do not mind at all!

I could not message you personally since I have "used up" my amount of messages AGAIN (apparently) lol.

So... Without further ado... 

Enjoy. 

-Jade-

In the evening, Jade sat on the edge of their bed. Her heart was pounding. Nothing within her was able to comprehend what would happen the next day. It was just too surreal.

There had been no tour after the meeting in the library. Neither William or Jade was in the mood, or capable of thinking straight. So, they had agreed on going back to their chamber.

Jade was not able to focus on anything. Her head was spinning, it had been ever since the king had left them.

William was sitting in an armchair in front of the fireplace, almost in the far end of their chamber. From where Jade was sitting, she could see how his face was set in stone as it always had been before. William did not look happy or excited at all, he looked like he was buried deep inside of this own mind. His jaws were clenched, his thumb underneath his chin and his index finger resting over his lips. The eyes were fixed on the flames in the fire before him.

He hasn't said a word since we left the library... Jade thought.

"You are very quiet." She said loud enough for him to hear her. He did not move an inch.

"You know I do not say much, Jade." He answered her and she shrugged her shoulders in agreement but was not satisfied with the answer.

"Yes. However, I do not like it when you are this quiet." She walked towards him. On her way she pulled some pins out of her hair and let it fall freely down her back and then placed the pins on a small table next to his armchair.

When she reached him, she walked in behind the armchair and placed her hands on his shoulders. William kept staring into the flames. Completely set in stone like a statue.

He doesn't act like a man who has just been told to rule a vast kingdom... She thought, feeling more and more worried. A part of her had expected him to be eager and happy to take over after his father. At least that was the impression she had gotten when she had first found out that he was a prince. He had sounded so bitter over his title as prince in the carriage.

"What is wrong?" Jade asked him quietly and walked around the chair so she could see him. "I mean, besides the fact that your father wants you to take-"

"Us, Jade." William corrected her darkly and her heart stopped for a second. "He wants us to take over."

"Yes, alright us." She rolled her eyes. 

"I need more time." He finally said, rubbing his neck, visibly uncomfortable with his father's decision.

"I do not think you do." Jade got down on her knees in front of him and placed her hands in his. "I think you are ready. And for what it is worth; I agree with your father... You can never fully be ready for something." She whispered, raised herself to her knees and reached out to touch his face.