Chapter Twenty Six • Silence and Kisses

This chapter is much longer than usual! Enjoy!

-Jade-

She walked back to the castle with William's father by her side. When they reached the top of the stairs he turned to her.

"Are you joining us?" he asked with a soft smile. Jade shook her head slowly.

"No, I am sorry." She answered. "I still need some time for myself."

"I can understand that." He answered her but seemed a little bit disappointed in her decision. "Please, have patience. My son wants nothing else than to have you here, by his side."

The words hit Jade to her very core. She needed to know if this was true. Would William ever admit this?

"It is true." The king added, like he had read her mind. "Even though he is absolutely incapable of telling you himself." He said before he left her.

Jade inhaled slowly and her thoughts were swirling. She couldn't just forgive William just because his father had touched her. He still had to prove to her that his father's words weren't false...

Jade walked back to the tiny thing that was her room. When she entered she was surprised to find that instead of furniture there was food and pots occupying it.

Is he throwing me out? She wondered and leaned against the door frame. What is this supposed to mean? She supported her head against the door frame as she studied the room.

"There you are!" Jade turned around. Elizabeth stood behind her with a neutral expression in her eyes. "You don't sleep in here anymore." She stated as one would when it rained.

"Then where do I sleep now?" Jade sighed. "On the other side of the walls?"

"In your chamber." Elizabeth answered. A little ray of happiness shone through her neutral expression. Jade raised her left eyebrow.

"Do not think that this changes things." Jade muttered. Elizabeth obviously knew all the details and she knew that this was his work. An attempt to make up for what he did.

. . .

As Jade stepped into her chamber she didn't feel like she had walked into a place she had missed. She had only missed a proper and softer bed and sunlight.

"Do you need help with your clothes?" Elizabeth asked while Jade traced her fingers alongside the freshly made bed. The covers were so soft she couldn't wait until she would go to sleep tonight.

"Yes, please." She answered.

Half an hour later Jade was dressed in an underdress and was alone again. She ran her fingers through her newly combed hair and walked up to the window closest to the door.

How would William act from now on? Will he act different or the same? Jade wondered. If she was to believe his father he would, at some point, be easier to be around... Jade pushed the thoughts away and went to the bed. The bed was warm and softer than she remembered. She laid down and turned to her left side. There was something on the nightstand.

In front of her, in a beautiful vase, stood a bouquet of white roses. They almost looked exactly like the ones her father grew. She sat up and crawled closer to the roses. There was nothing else than the flowers. No piece of paper or a trace from whom had left them in her chamber.

They have to be from him though. She thought.No one else would bring her roses like this... but how did he know that these were her favorite?