Chapter Thirty Nine • A Queen to his liking

Merry Christmas my dear friends!

I have had some time after work every night this last week and I managed to scrape a whole chapter together! So here it is! I hope you like it!

-Jade-

After the door closed and Jade was alone again she let out a heavy sigh. She pressed her hands against her face and then pulled them downwards, making her face disfigured by her movement.

Once again she wanted him and once again she was left alone with her core screaming for release but not getting it.

It felt like William had been here for a second or two and she was completely undone by him. In every kind of way. Her body was a mess and her mind as well. Again he had told her that he loved her. It had made her warm all over and this time she had wanted to say it back... But she hadn't even gotten the chance before he was out the door.

Jade made sure that the door was locked and then went over to the window. She stood where William had been standing the other day.

She rested against the cold stone wall and studied the withered gardens outside. Her gaze floated over to the woods. They looked cold and unwelcoming in this season. Instead of the thick warm greenness that the woods had exuded in late summer, when she had arrived, they were now a cold brown and had a sort of blackish tone to them.

As she studied the dying nature outside, her mind drifted off to problems she now faced when William was gone.

Even though William hadn't told his father about the North yet she had a bad feeling about the girl with the wild green eyes. Jade was shook by Elizabeth's behavior and even though she might be exaggerating a little...it still felt unwise to not take the woman's concern seriously. But Jade couldn't fathom how the girl was supposed to hurt her when Loren was always by her side.

I should probably take Elizabeth's concern seriously... She thought and let her eyes rest on the spot in the garden where William had given her the answers she had craved.

I wonder when he will be back... She thought to herself and sat down by her desk.

There was nothing to do in her chamber, except relive all the moments she had shared with William in here. Leaving her and the area between her legs in a shriveling mess...

-William-

"What is this about, father?" William asked impatiently as they got up in their saddles.

William noticed how Dimma was eager to go as usual. The horse jerked his head around to let William know it. He comforted the horse with two slow strokes on his neck as he watched his father, waiting for an answer.

"We have to go and see to the villages that were burned down by the raiders." His father answered and there was a serious tone to his voice.

William narrowed his eyes, confused by his father's explanation.

"What is there to see? They burned down." William stated as they rode out into the city together.

They were followed by two dozens of soldiers on foot. The sound of their marching reminded William of the peace and quiet he so longed for up in the North. The only sound up there was the occasional howl of an owl and the scream of a fox. He couldn't wait to come back and take Jade with him up North.

"It is important that you learn of to care for your people and your future kingdom, my son." His father responded and woke William from his thoughts.