Chapter Twentyone • Men With No Honor

-Jade- 

"What are you doing wandering around alone?" William asked her when they were alone. He was out of breath and his whole body moved up and down with every breath he took. His eyes were wild with anger. "I told you not to do that."

I was entertaining myself while you were talking to those leeches. Jade thought of the guests that had treated him like he was the only thing that mattered. They had acted like he was the very air the needed to breathe.

"I was-"

"Are you alright?" He interrupted Jade before she could answer him. She blinked, annoyed. How many questions would he ask before giving her a chance to answer?

"Yes." She said quickly. It sounded more like a question than an answer, maybe because she wasn't sure if she actually was alright. William studied her for a second.

"Don't wander off again." William's voice was stern. Demanding her to do as he said. Once again he treated her like something lesser than what she was. Like a disobedient child. "You will not leave my side again tonight, understood?"

Jade blinked again. This time in astonishment.

Did he just tell me to stay by his side when the guests... No! Who the hell does he think he is? I will not tolerate this!

Jade felt her temper rise to the same level as when her parents had told her she was leaving home to go with him. First frustration came over her and then a wave of pure fury. She could hear her mother's voice in her mind, begging her not to lash out. But it was too late. Jade's father's temper had overrun her capability to be reasonable, or calm for that matter.

"Excuse me?" Jade snapped with widened eyes. William reciprocated her gaze with a questioning look upon his face. It then returned to its usual stoic look. "If you had paid me any attention or at least talked to me earlier, I wouldn't have left. " She spat out the words. "And you did not even notice that I was gone!" she exclaimed. "That says a lot about just how much you want me here." She hissed. "This whole thing wouldn't have happened if you just treated me like a human being!" She said and put her finger onto his chest. He was taken by surprise by her action and looked down on her finger.

"And you-"

"Be quiet!" she screamed and locked eyes with his dark ones. They were carefully studying her while she expressed her unhappiness. She was burning from the inside out.

Everything that she had been forced to bottle up inside of her came pouring out. The anger boiled in her and she needed this. She needed to have her say when they finally were alone.

"I am so sick of you people. You treat me like a servant and I will not be a part of it." She sighed when it felt like she had nothing more in her. Her body felt drained.

-William-

Jade stood with her hands out to her sides. Once again she was challenging him. Pushing his patience to new levels. She was upset and insulted. It radiated from the blue eyes. They screamed at him to take her seriously. Even though she wasn't happy, William enjoyed her fire. Jade would make the most perfect queen he would have ever seen. Her fiery temper would have their people watch every word that left their lips. No one would dare to speak down to her. She just needed to learn to release this on his mother. Then there would be nothing stopping her.

If it hadn't been for those men and how furious he was that they had tried to defile her, he would have kissed her. But he was afraid of himself right now. He was still shaking from anger. He had to compose himself and stay calm.