Chapter Thirty One • A ruined dress and a bath

-Jade-

They parted by the stairs that led to his chamber. Jade walked back to hers and had to focus very hard on her breathing. It was still heavy but she had managed to keep it from William while they walked back to their chambers.

As soon as she entered her own room she let her lungs fill quickly and then released the air again. Her heart was pounding inside her chest and she was so disappointed that they had been interrupted. There was never a moment that they were either being watched or disturbed! She could still feel the wetness between her legs and it frustrated her even more.

Jade ran her hands through her hair and closed her eyes while smiling from ear to ear. The throbbing sensation between her legs was everything right now. Her body longed for the next time William would touch her so ravenously and kiss her as deeply as he had done just a moment ago. Jade let her hands descend from her head to her lips where she could still feel his.

The sight of William had brought her so much joy and the amount of it had even surprised her.

I guess this won't be so bad after all...At least now that he is back... She thought to herself and studied the floor while trying to calm herself down. She just hoped that he wouldn't leave her here alone again, at least not for a while.

Jade sent after Elizabeth to get help with filling her tub. The king hadn't been wrong, William had completely ruined her dress and a lot of his dirt was now on Jade. She didn't mind though...

"I cannot believe he would do this!" Elizabeth sighed in great displeasure when she helped Jade with taking the dress off. "That boy knows how much work it goes into making these!" She said and pulled the dress quickly over Jade's head when she had undone all the buttons. Elizabeth's frustration was amusing to Jade since she herself couldn't relate to the problem. She didn't care at all that he had ruined the dress. The memory of how he had tugged her closer on the table made her bite down on her lower lip.

"At least I can wash you..." Elizabeth muttered bitterly as she put a robe around Jade. Not noticing that Jade's thoughts had wandered off... and rapidly returned at the sound of her governess' complaints.

"Elizabeth, it isn't that bad is it?" Jade laughed. The eyes that met hers were not impressed or amused - at all.

"It sure is!" She exclaimed. "It is almost worse that you don't seem to care at all!" Jade couldn't hold back the laughter Elizabeth's frustration brought forth. "Don't you dare laugh at me, girl." She warned Jade and looked at her with stern eyes.

For a second, Jade felt a bit bad but then she saw it. The corner of Elizabeth's mouth twitched.

"You're not upset." Jade laughed.

"I am!" Elizabeth objected. "I am very upset, with the both of you. But I will not lie and say that this..." She held the dress up to Jade as evidence of the progress in their relationship. "... doesn't bring me some sort of happiness. Finally." She added and Jade knew exactly what she meant. Finally Jade and William were talking and not acting like stubborn children. Finally they were... getting somewhere...

-William-

William sat down in his tub and let his body sink into the hot water. Soon he could see the dirt run off his skin and the water was stained with swirls of soot and dirt. He stretched his arms out alongside the tubs edge and grabbed it lightly.

Slowly he leaned back and let his head rest as far back it could, almost touching his shoulders. The hot water felt so good he let out a tired groan and stretched his legs out. They were sore and stiff from the time he had spent on Dimma. Another part of him was also quite stiff... but that wasn't as unpleasant. The only thing he didn't like about it was that he didn't get the chance to feel Jade around it.