Coming Out

Coming out can be difficult for you, and the person you're coming out to. You have no idea how the person will react, whether it be negatively, or positively. It's best if you come out when you don't completely depend on you're parents, but it could sometimes be hard, and upsetting for people to wait. If you want tips and tricks on how to come out, go ahead and read on, I'll help to the best of my possibilities!

When Should I Come Out?
If you're comfortable with being closeted, then I recommend you stay that way until you leave for college, move out, or aren't dependent on them. You're life could be turned upside down if your parents and/or guardian doesn't support you.

What If I Get Kicked Out?
If you get kicked out, you need to pack all you're important things. Such as birth certificate, money, devices, and any other important papers or things. Next, you need to find a place to stay. Try getting a hold of extended family, and see if you could stay with them. If they let you, try finding a part time job, so you can start saving up to get your own place. If you can get a hold of extended family, try finding a cheap hotel, stay as long as possible, and start working a part time job.

REMEMBER: GUARDIANS ARE NOW ALLOWED TO KICK MINORS OUT (18-) AND CAN GET IN LEGAL TROUBLE IF THIS WERE TO HAPPEN. IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THIS SITUATION, PLEASE GO TO A TRUSTED ADULT. (Police station, fire department, school, church)

What Are Some Ways To Come Out?
Some of my favorite ways are:

· Baking a cake. Write "Congrats! I'm Gay!" Or whatever your sexuallity is.

· Make a shirt that says "I'm with gay" and have an arrow point to your face. (Or again, your sexuallity)

· Make a sign that says "Stand here if you're gay" Then stand under it. (Or make it say your sexuallity)

· Tell a joke. I personally like; "Lets get something straight... I'm not!"

· Tell a knock knock joke; "Knock Knock, "Whos there?" I like, "I like who?" I like ____" (Who you like goes in the blank)

· Make a cute music video using an Lgbt song

· If you're old enough, do it at your graduation!

· Get a glass of water, and in front of the person you're coming out to, say, "This water is Crystal QUEER, Just like me!"

· Come out on pride month by crafting a cute flag!

· Jump out of the closet and yell your sexuality and/or gender. "Hey, I'm gay!"

· Just tell them. It may sound boring, but it still works either way.

· Send said person a picture of a deer, and caption it, "Oh deer, i'm queer!"

· Draw a very curvy line and say, "This line is straighter than me,"

SIDE NOTE: Do not do any of these extra coming out methods if your guardian(s) are likely to lash out at you!