Gender Vs Sex

So you've heard someone say gender before, and you also heard someone say sex before. You're confused! What do they mean? Are they the same thing? No, actually! They aren't the same thing! Gender and sex is a whole different subject. No, I'm not talking about the sex you have when you love someone, we're talking about yourself here! So kick back and listen to me talk. Or read what I have to say.

Gender. What is it?: Gender is that little voice in your head telling you what you are. Gender is who you are. Gender terms step outside of the typical female and male spectrums. You might be born as a.. we'll say female, but your gender is what you feel you are. So if you were born a female, but feel like your gender is non-binary, then that's what it is! Gender is exactly what you and only you think you are.

Sex. What is it?: Sex is what the doctor tells your mom what you are during the 16th week ultrasound! Sex is what you biologically are. Your sex is either female or male, however, there are debates on wether intersex could be considered a sex on it's own.

So? Are they the same thing?: Absolutely not! People try to use sex and gender interchangeably, but that's not the correct way! Gender and sex are two completely different things. While gender is what you think you are, sex is what you are physically. If your sex doesn't aline with your gender, that's 100% a-okay! You'll come to terms with your gender, even if it isn't the same as your sex.