Epilogue

Warning:

A special treat for those who ship Jungkook and Yeri ahead ;)

Yeri groaned as she stretched with the morning sun washing across her face. She stroked her flappy brown ears as they twitched readying themselves for the day ahead. It was the fourth time this month Yeri had stayed over at Y/n and Taehyung's house, insisting that she should be at Y/n's side at all times in her condition. However, despite Y/n being close, they were going on one of their much loved shopping days. Y/n had really become like the big sister Yeri never had and she never got tired of their outings together, despite them being a tad repetitive.

The digital clock on the nightstand by the luxurious bed of the Kim guest room read 7:07 am. Yeri silently reprimanded herself for allowing herself to oversleep. By oversleep, she meant by bunny standards as most of them are usually up and at'em anywhere between 5:00 am to 6:30am. Of course most hybrids who had to work woke up around then too, but not in any way by nature, Yeri had come to find that the other species around her tended to be rather sluggish in the early morning hours, whereas she was full of energy. This, of course, was until she met Y/n. At first, Yeri thought sleeping extremely late was a habit only displayed by Y/n, until she learned it wasn't all that uncommon for humans to sleep well into the tenth and eleventh hours of the morning.

Absolutely shocking.

Consequently, Yeri concluded that despite having slept late herself, by her own cultural standards, she would have at least 3 hours before Y/n woke up herself, maybe even more since it was the weekend. She sighed, laying back down on her borrowed bed. The house was quiet and no one but herself and the servants were awake. Breakfast wouldn't be served until the lady of the house woke up and Yeri didn't have the heart to wake her. As she pondered what she should do while waiting, the door knob clicked and her ears immediately rose in interest.

Jungkook stepped into the room and closed the door behind him without noticing the female bunny there. When he turned, he was surprised to see Yeri, bright eyed with wonder, staring at him on the bed.

"Y-Yeri what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question." Yeri deadpanned.

"Oh well, I came over to hang out with Tae during the weekend but neither he nor Y/n are awake so I figured I could find a vacant room and just relax for a little while." His gaze dropped to see the blue polka dotted pjs she was wearing. "Did you just get up?"

Yeri nodded and Jungkook's face turned to a soft frown, "How could you possibly sleep for so long? It feels so late."

"I agree I think Y/n's human-ess is rubbing off on me." She joked, gesturing to the empty place beside her so that he could lie down, to which he happily obliged. For about the first thirty minutes, of their shared time together, they talked about the struggles of being a bunny hybrid and how other hybrids around them could appear so uninterested compared to them.

"I know!" Yeri laughed, "She was all like 'How could you be so happy at this time?' and I was like 'I'm a bunny! It's what I do!'"

Jungkook threw his head back and snorted as if he had heard the funniest joke ever.

"That's so relatable! That totally happens to me all the time."

If you were to see the pair walking down the street together, you would most likely think they were best friends and only that. Despite having been in a relationship for nearly a whole year, they hadn't really done anything couple-y. Of course they went out on dates and what not, but they never had any real displays of affection except a peck on the cheek or two every now and then or holding hands when they stopped talking long enough to remember that they were dating. Up until now, Jungkook was content with this as he hadn't really noticed anything peculiar about their casual relationship. That is, until a couple of days ago, when he caught Jimin and his new boyfriend Chanyeol making out in the hallway during a party.