Chapter 81 - The Technovirus

Chapter 81

The Technovirus

- For his crimes, he was cast down and imprisoned forever in shifting darkness -

Something glinted again and Thonavar's gaze was drawn to a pair of silver gloves that shined and sparkled in the torchfire, resting in the middle of a long weapons rack decked with swords, spears and all manner of craft. Thonavar reached out and took the pair of gauntlets from its resting piece.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Soulforge, Namarie's eyes widened as the single beam of concentrated pure white light energy began to move, weaving a beautifully intricate pattern. 

"He has found it. Now the forging can begin", murmured Felix, his eyes drawn to the molten alluvatalium metal in the mold. The beam of light suddenly split multifold into smaller beams of light which worked together in smaller patterns to cut and shape the mold.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thonavar's mind reeled as he wore each piece. They were a perfect fit. As he flexed and unflexed his wrists and clenched and unclenched his fists, he noticed tiny mesmerising ripples flowing upon the surface of the silver pair of gauntlets. As he stood admiring the pair of gauntlets he now wore with his back to the center of the chamber, he did not notice the shimmering air and the reddish glints of light forming in the air above the corpse of the fallen creature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man peered through the veiled window. But he could only see translucent images beyond. He prodded it once, no, twice, with his scepter. Something was blocking, no, preventing him from seeing into it. From seeing through it. He flew round the edges, trying to find an opening. But like a static prison, he could see nothing, and feel nothing. There was only a muzzling silence. Curse the grey-robed bastards that designed this. Yet, he knew for sure that something had escaped from within the veil. Something had woken him from his dreary forever slumber and drawn him here. And filled him with renewed hope. He peered through the veiled window again and could see blurred and hazy images. 

No, wait...

There was something. Something bright.

Yes, there was light...

From the flickering flames of torches...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is working," said Felix, as he watched the beams of light craft with a dexterity unknown to the natural man. Intricate arcs and mesmerising webs of light were forever etched into the minds and memories of those present at the Soulforge as it forged a weapon unlike any other into existence.