Chapter 85 - Revelations

Chapter 85

Revelations

- All shall be revealed -

Silence reigned.

Seconds ticked by.

"Ziiiippppp". "Ziiiippppp". "Ziiiippppp".

Corridors cracked opened forcefully all around the three black-cloaked and hooded figures standing in the middle of the battlements. 

Scores of dark-clad armoured men emerged first. They carried heavy weaponry. The bluish glow of plasma daggers and neon-coloured energy bracelets illuminated their surroundings. Seconds later, a sizeable number of dark grey-robed men also emerged. 

One of the corridors ripped open the fabric of reality to such an extent that it merged with another corridor which opened to form a large monstrous black hole through which more dark-clad armoured men poured out. The heavily-armoured men and fanned out to surround the three black-cloaked individuals that stood in the middle of the battlements.

A large man stepped out from the widened corridor, his feet landing lightly upon the stone. The corridor snapped shut behind him, replaced by darkened skies. The large man rubbed his palms together as he approached the three black-cloaked figures. The veins on his thick neck bulged and seemed on the brink of exploding.

"Sigmourne?", boomed the black-cloaked hooded figure. "What brings you to this place? Have you alerted the Council to the injustices that haven taken place tonight?"

Still rubbing his palms together, Lord Beefheart moved cautiously toward the three black-cloaked figures, his eyes never leaving the black-cloaked figure. He chuckled softly before bellowing out.

"Vanyaga! Abandon this foolish venture", Lord Beefheart shouted back. "Where do you plan to go? We have you trapped!"

"Trapped?", replied Felix, with a wry smile. "I think not."  

"Ah, you think to go into the lands of Beyond?" said another voice, and a man detached himself from within the mass of dark-clad armoured men.
"Randar Cryosin", acknowledged Felix. "I have not seen you since you...ah...left...the Angerius Order many moons ago to join the patrols. And, busy have you been of late. You have made a name for yourself with pilfering, slandering and murdering the innocent. Tell me, how shall you give account for the blood you have spilt? Do you believe your soul shall see paradise?"

At this, the other black-cloaked figure standing next to Felix moved slightly, fists clenching and unclenching.

"Ah, I have missed your taunts Vanyaga. Ah, yes, I have. But you have crossed me too many a time", said Randar, with an icy smile. "Always questioning. Always interfering and meddling with matters that do not concern you. Tonight, it is only fitting that your curious nature lead you here. To this place. To your death."

Felix laughed, a deep booming sound, rich and defiant. It rang high above the shuffling footsteps of the grey-robed Scientists and the clicking of weaponry held by armoured men. Yet, no one moved.

"And yet death has eluded me thus far", said Felix, remaining where he stood. "For you see, I know all about your expeditions in the eastern hemisphere. How many HavenGuardean soldiers have you sent into the subterranean tunnels of death? How many have you cloned? I know about your desire to wield the powers that once destroyed this world. It is a foolish and futile enterprise."

"And yet, this is what we must do", said a new voice, a musical and but dangerous voice. "For it is our only hope of survival is it not?"

Felix turned his head toward the direction of the newcomer, his face solemn. Randar grinned as a lone figure appeared suddenly in their midst. Lord Beefheart's jaw dropped in shock and his face was like that of a toad with bulbous eyes. He could not believe his eyes.