Chapter 2

I order myself a burger, fries and strawberry milkshake and I see at a table for four with Tetsuya opposite me with his meal. We eat together, still in silence, "Okay, enough of the no more talking... Why invite me out?" I ask a little frustrated by the fact he said he wanted to talk but hasn't said a word to me.

"I wanted to apologise," Tetsuya says and I eat a fry dipped in ketchup, "You've not ordered the usual?" He asks eying up my meal.

"This is lower calories than what I used to get," I say and smile a little, "What are you sorry for? You didn't do anything."

"That's exactly why I'm apologising," Tetsuya says and my eyes widen a fraction, "I did nothing, I just sat there and let them all say all that, I tried calling you that night but you blocked my number..."

"I blocked everyone, including Satsuki," I tell him and smile, "Thank you though, it hurt knowing you didn't say anything to stop them but they wouldn't have done anything about it."

"Thank you, even Momoi-Chan had a go at the Generation of Miracles because of it," He tells me, "You should message her, she was really taken back when you didn't show up at school the next day."

"I'll think about it," I tell him, "Tetsuya," He looks at me, "Thanks again," I smile and we both each in comfortable silence together.

I look out the window and suddenly someone sits next to me, I turn to see Kagami Taiga about to eat his burger and he locks eyes with Tetsuya, "Gwoh?!" He makes a weird noise.

"Hello," Tetsuya says, "You are still growing up, right?" Tetsuya says looking at the mountain of burgers.

"Wow, you put past me to shame Taiga," I say in a joke-like tone and Tetsuya smiles a little, but only a fraction of a smile is visible on his face for milliseconds.

Taiga looks at me and flinches, "Where from... Wait, what are you two doing here?" Taiga asks.

"Well, we were sitting here from the beginning, just watching people and enjoying our dinner," Tetsuya says and looks at me, "You okay?"

"I'm good," I smile and nod.

"Anyway, tag along with me for a bit... Once I'm done eating this that is," Taiga says and looks at me, "You call everyone by there given names... Why?"

"Not everyone, and it's a habit I got into while I was in America for the rest of middle school and summer," I tell him, "If you don't like it, I can stop."

"It's alright," He shrugs and starts eating away at his mountain of burgers.

When Taiga had finished his burgers he leads us to a basketball court, he turns to Tetsuya, "You... What the hell are you hiding?" He asks and rubs the back of his neck, "I was in America until the second year of middle school. I was really shocked when I came back to Japan and the level here is just too low," He explains.

"I know where you're coming from with that," I say and look at him, "What do you want from us Taiga?" I ask.

"What I'm looking for," He continues like I haven't spoken, "Is not playing basketball for fun, I want to play in matches that make my blood boil at full strength," He says and grins looking at Tetsuya, "But, I've heard a nice thing earlier, it seems like there are strong guys called the Generation of Miracles, in the same year. You were both apart of them, right? I can guess the strength of an opponent to some extent too. It's like strong guys have a peculiar smell about them" He throws the basketball to Tetsuya, "But you're both weird. Even though you both should reek of weakness, neither of you smell like anything at all, your strength is odourless."

"That is actually a compliment to a girl," I smile at him amused.

"I wasn't giving you one!" He exclaims.

"I want to see it for myself, you both, from the Generation of Miracles, what kind of guys you are," Taiga says.

"Tetsuya," I say looking at Taiga.

"I know," He removes his jacket, "What a coincidence, I was thinking of playing you as well, a one-on-one," Tetsuya says and I take his jacket.

"One-on-one? I don't think so, two-on-one, I'll still crush you both," Taiga smirks.

I remove my jacket and lay it on my bag, "Fine," I say and I stand back a little watching Tetsuya and Taiga play one-on-one.

"What the hell is this!?" Taiga exclaims as Tetsuya follows the ball and he looks at me, "You're not even playing!"

"You were both in your own little worlds," I shrug and clap my hands, "You want the truth?" I smirk, "You'll get it, Tetsuya, let me play."

"Right!" Tetsuya passes to me and I catch the ball then bounces it on the ground at my side looking at Taiga, "You've seen Tetsuya one-on-one, but want about if he had a partner?" I question.

"A partner?" Taiga questions.

I dribble the ball past him, in a slight vanishing drive type move, "Correct, someone who brings out his talent along with theirs," I add, "As I said, I'll be watching you," I jump and dunk the ball, I glance behind me and see Taiga looking at me.

"How did you?" He questions.

"Don't underestimate me because I'm a girl," I smile and pass the ball to him.

"What did you mean about Kuroko?" Taiga asks.

"Pass the ball to an invisible teammate, Tetsuya... Try... That one," I smirk.

Taiga threw the ball in a pass, with an extremely confused look on his face. Tetsuya goes to the ball and taps it with his palm, the ball passes Taiga at an immense speed into my hand. I dribble, with Taiga following me, I jump up and do a fadeaway before shooting the ball and watch as it falls through the net.

"He's super weak!" Taiga points to Tetsuya.

"Isn't it obvious that Juri-Chan is the strongest here with the three of us but between us two," He points to Taiga and himself, "On the court, Kagami is the strongest," Tetsuya continues bluntly, "I wanted to see your strength directly."

Tetsuya hands him the ball to continue the game, "Ah, it's alright already. I'm not interested in weak guys with strange passes... I'll give you one last advice," Taiga says.

"You gave him advice already?" I question tilting my head.

"It's better if you give up on basketball," Taiga says as he looks at Tetsuya, "No matter what kind of beautiful things you can say about effort. It's an undeniable fact that you need talent in our society, you have no talent for basketball and those strange passes, just who can catch them?"

"I'll have to say no to that," Tetsuya says and I smile, "To begin with, I love basketball. On top of that, it is a matter of point of view, I do not care about who is the strongest," my smile widens a little, "I'm not all about winning."

"What did you?!" Taiga starts.

"We are different from you," Tetsuya says, "I'm a shadow and Juri is a light with the power like that of lightning, stronger than yours."

"Huh? What?" Taiga questions.

I put my jacket on, "I'm heading home now, bye boys, see you tomorrow," I wave and walk out of the court. I text my driver and within five minutes a black Tesla stops in front of me. I smile and get into the car, "Thank you, Sebastian!" I say.

"No problem, Miss Kurosawa. Making friends?" He asks as he pulls away from the curb.

"In a way, I joined the basketball team," I tell him and smile, "Tetsuya Kuroko is apart of the team."

"Oh? Is he okay in your books?" Sebastian asks as he keeps his eyes on the road ahead.

"He didn't really do anything like the others, he was always okay to some extent," I tell him.

"Have you eaten?" He asks.

"Yeah, Tetsuya and I had burgers then a small basketball match which some guy in our year and team... He's rather..." I start.

"Stubborn, arrogant?" He suggests.

I giggle and nod, "He's both of those," I say with a smile, "But I forgot what it felt like, to be a light to a shadow," I say looking out the window, "It was so much fun."

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself again," Sebastian says.