Chapter 37

The next day, we made our way to the gymnasium again, we were in court 1 against Senshinkan. We were showing a different side that Senshinkan has never seen and you could tell that they were feeling the pressure from their expressions on the court whenever the boy passed the ball or made a successful shot. The match ended with Seirin in the lead, 78 to 61, which the starters and everyone was thrilled about. 

I glance behind us at the second court where Shutoku was playing their game against Kirisaki Daichi, resulting in 123 - 51 to Shutuko High, but appeared that Kirisaki Daichi had only put in their second string players, seeming like they have thrown away the match.

Tetsuya sits beside me, a towel over his head drinking his water. I look at him, "You good?" I ask and he nods as he drinks his water, "Our next match will be against Shutoku," I say as Shintaro looks at us with his jacket on.

"Let's go, everyone," Riko says and we follow her out of the court.

As we walk together through the corridors together, "We don't have time to celebrate, tomorrow will be an extremely tough battle, without a doubt," Hyuga says.

"But we've got Kiyoshi-Senpai," Fukuda says, "We're completely different from before."

"We won last time too," Furihata adds.

"...I don't think so," Tetsuya says, "I have a feeling the next match will be even tougher because of that," Tetsuya adds.

We continue walking and talking till Kiyoshi tells us to go on ahead, "Did Kiyoshi-San forget something?" Someone asks.

"Well... It's something like that," Hyuga says.

"You mean that guy who was sitting in the corner?" Taiga questions.

"Oh, Kagami, you noticed?" Hyuga asks.

"Not the only one who noticed," I say, "He seems pretty capable... If that if the right word to use."

Hyuga sighs and looks away, "Well... It's nothing to hide. For the middle school basketball world not long ago. The ultimates were Teiko Middle School's Generation of Miracles. Needless to say, they were the 5 geniuses who achieved complete domination during their three years with their absolute power and a manager who knew how to get defeat," He says and I feel a shiver run down my back, "But there were actually some, one generation higher, 5 talents who were suitable for the title. If they were born in a different era, they might've been the ones who were called the Generation of Miracles," Hyuga explains, "Including Kiyoshi, those five are called the Crownless Kings and the one Kagami and Juri noticed, is one of them."

"He was one of them?" My eyes widen.

"If he came by to say hi, are they close?" Furihata asks.

"He was yes and it's the opposite Furihata, not even close. To begin with, he's something of a polar opposite of Kiyoshi. If we were to call Kiyoshi the most honest man in basketball, then he would be the most dishonest man in basketball," Hyuga answers.

"Crownless Kings..." I look up at Hyuga then look at Tetsuya, "Iron Heart... Right?" I ask as I turn back to Hyuga.

"Yeah, that was his nickname," Hyuga looks at me, "Remembering him now? He told me you and Murasakibara forgot him."

"Well, to be honest, I did have other things going on after that match," I say, "If he said his alias I would have remembered him! So it's his fault, not mine... I'm going home," I walk on.

"Juri!" Hyuga shouts and I look at him, "I'm not having a go at you."

"I know, get some rest everyone... Shutoku will be different without a doubt," I say and out of the building, only to return tomorrow.