Chapter 40

Winter Cup competition was soon coming to an end, Seirin has been very successful throughout the cup. As well as Rakuzan High, which meant it was the final showdown between Tetsuya and Taiga versus Akashi.

Winter Cup Results:

1st Round: Seirin High vs Too Academy 101 - 100
2nd Round: Seirin High vs Nakamiya South High 83 - 77
3rd Round: Seirin High vs Kogomo North High 87 - 82
Quarter-Finals: Yosen High vs Seirin High 72 - 73
Semi-Finals: Kaijo High vs Seirin High 80 - 81

I was running late to the last match, I spent the night with Ryouta then had to go home to help my father with his work that I have been avoiding. Sebastian quickly drove to the location, "Thank you, Sebastian," I say and get out of the car.

I rush inside and go to the court then walk on the side, "I thought I said you were not to be involved," Akashi speaks and he looks forward, his eyes not on me.

"I thought I told you, I'm not involved," I walk to Seirin's bench and place a towel over Tetsuya's hair, "You forgot this," I say and rub his hair gently, acting like I'm not helping with the team, "Sorry I'm late Tetsuya," I say and look up at the scoreboard seeing Razukan in the lead by 20 points, "My, oh my, you seem in a pickle," I say and hug Tetsuya from behind, hiding my face from Akashi, "Listen, in boys," I say and the starters gather, "Tetsuya move your mouth like you are talking," I say and smile as he does as I say, "Right, I know you are probably struggling, but listen... You can do this," I say and start telling them a strategy, Riko smiles and nods.

"Very good J...Tetsuya... Yes that is a good way," Riko says, "Please join us Juri," She adds.

"Thank you very much," I smile and sit beside Tetsuya, "And yes Tetsuya, very good," I smile.

He looks at me, almost amused, "Thank you Juri, I learned from you," He says and drinks his water.

To some people, it would have seemed like Seirin would have never won due to the large point gap. I drunk my juice as I watched the match, I didn't talk to the team, I just kept my eyes on Taiga and Tetsuya throughout the whole quarter. It was was a difficult end of a match to watch, both Akashi and Taiga were able to go into the Zone, thus resulting in the gap of scores very slowly closing. I couldn't help but smile as I watched Seirin carried on pushing, proving that their basketball was the correct way. Ryouta, Shintaro and Daiki were all heard from the viewers, telling Seirin that they were able to beat them. I smiled as Taiga soon ending up entering deeper into the Zone which helped them to their victory 106 - 105.

"YESSS!!!" We all cheer and the ones on the bench including me run up to the team.

I tackle Tetsuya down to the ground, my arms around his shoulder, "Juri?" He questions as we end on the ground, "Seriously," He hugs me back, "All thanks to you."

I giggle and suddenly all the team pile onto us, everyone crying with big smiles. I look at Tetsuya and he smiles at me, "You did it," I whisper and tighter my hug, "I'm so happy Tetsuya!"

"Thank you... But I'm rather sweaty and you usually complain," He looks at me.

"Don't spoil the moment," I look at him slightly amused. 

The team soon release up and I stand up, help Tetsuya up, "It's your... No, it's your team's win," Akashi says and we look at him, now that I'm closer he looks... Himself again, "Congratulations... Also, prepare yourselves. Next time... We'll be the victors."

"...Alright, let's play again," Tetsuya says and they shake hand.

"Again, and again... As many times as you want," Akashi says and he looks at me, "You really have changed haven't you? No longer the scared little girl staring at the car crash," He sighs, "Meet me outside in 30 minutes, please... I'd like to talk to you alone."