Chapter 33

A few days later, everyone knew about the new development between Ryouta and me, Seirin was a little shocked but accepted it with the condition I don't tell him any new developments with the teams' progress, which I wouldn't do anyway.

I was sat with the first years, having our lunch out after practice, "ARRRGH SHIT!!" Taiga shouts.

I look over to him to see him holding his chopsticks in his left hand, "What are you doing Taiga?" I ask.

"He said he's practising to use his left hand," Furihata says.

"Oh, I see," I nod, remember the time at the training camp.

"By the way, what are you going to do this weekend? It's our rare break after all?" Furihata says.

"Hmph... I usually just sleep in," Fukuda says.

"Umm, not sure," Kawahara says.

"Are you meeting Kise this weekend, Juri?" Fukuda asks.

"He's got a modelling gig this weekend but said if I was bored, then I could go over and see him," I answer, "Though, I'm not sure."

"Ah, I've got an idea!" Furihata says and we all look at him to see him holding a street basketball tournament flyer, "This, you guys want to join? Juri can watch us," He smiles, "You two are regulars, but we do want to play in competitions sometimes."

"...Ok, let's go," Taiga says.

"I have no objections, but I am not where a cheerleading outfit for you boys," I say.

"You would for Kise?" Taiga asks.

"No," I smile, "Let's do it," I take the flyer and look, "Oooo..."

"What?" The boys lean over as I point to a line, "Even girls can join a boys team," Taiga says, "Sounds like your lucky down Juri."

"Shut up," I giggle and smile, "I'll only join if Tetsuya needs a break," I smile.

"Thank you," Tetsuya says.

Sunday good came and we were walking into the park where thee tournament was being held, Number 2 walks between Tetsuya and I, "Wow, the tournament's grander in scale than I thought," Fukuda says.

"And," Taiga says and looks behind us, "Why are you here?!" He asks Kiyoshi.

"Mm? Why not?" Kiyoshi asks.

"Where's Kawahara?" Taiga asks.

"He's down with the flu," I answer, "When I told Kiyoshi our plans and how I was back up he said it be fun and so, here we are," I explain, "Though, I was looking forward to a day for us first-years, no offence Kiyoshi-Senpai."

"None taken, I understand," Kiyoshi says.

We soon sign up and meet up with Seiho in the booth, now we're all sat together on the grass. I sit beside Tetsuya as I play with Number 2, letting the teams talk amongst themselves, "What about your practice?" Taiga asks.

"Tsugawa's still in the team," Iwamura says, "But us seniors have retired," He tells us.

"What? Wait... There's still the winter cup!" Taiga says.

"You're clueless about that?" Kasuga asks, "Seiho's not taking part in the Winter Cup Tournament. The two representing our province, are chosen amongst the top 8 in summer!" Kasuga explains to Taiga, "So... After we lost to you in the heats, we bade our club farewell! We're studying for university exams now, and doing basketball this weekend for fun," He says standing up.

"I can understand that," I say and Kasuga looks at me, "Mind if I call you, when it's these guys turn for that chose," I point to Taiga, "He will be trouble to get behind something like that."