Chapter 20

I'm on the phone to Ryouta before I'm able to go into the gym, "Ryouta, what is it? I need to go to the basketball team..."

"Juricchi! I had a terrible feeling that you were in trouble... What happened?!" He asks.

I smile and lean against a wall, "I'm fine, just had a run-in with Daiki... Ended with me kicking him in the balls," I tell him.

"What happened?! Do you need me at your school to protect you?!" He asks.

"I'm fine, he was describing everything that's changed and it went a little... Uncomfortable," I tell him, "I'm alright alone, I promise."

"Are you sure? I'll drop everything to protect you!" 

I giggle, "I'm positive I promise," I say.

"Excuse me, Kurosawa-Chan?" I look over at a teacher, "Please may I have a moment of your time?"

"Sure, sorry Ryouta, I have to go. Talk later, okay?" I say to Ryouta.

"Okay... I love you Juricchi!" Ryouta says.

"Yeah, later," I hang up and follow the teacher into the faculty room, "Everything okay?"

"Hmm... Takeda-Sensei is needing some help and as you're the manager," The teacher says.

"Alright," I smile at the teacher before going to Takeda-Sensei, "Sensei?" I smile and the elderly teacher looks at me, "What can I help you with?"

Takeda looks at a pile of papers, "I got my old files for Aida-San, but they are really old," He says. 

I pick up a piece of paper and look at it, different basketball teams, "Don't worry about it, I'll look through these and sort them between what we can use and can't use," I smile at him.

"Thank you very much dear," He says and smiles at me, "Would you like to borrow a desk and a computer?"

"Please," I nod.

"Kurosawa-Chan, I'll log you onto this one," The teacher who called me out in the hallway says, "I've got some files from my original school you might be interested in seeing."

"Thank you very much," I smile and walk to the desk with the papers as the teacher logs in.

"Those purple files are the basketball files you might find interesting," The teacher says.

I get the files and look through them, "Thank you very much," I say before texting Riko.

Juri Kurosawa
Hey, I won't be in the gym for a while. I'm working in the faculty room. Got some files on teams to look through, if you need me just call me.

Riko Aida
Hey, okay I'll beat up Kagami myself. He overdid it!

Juri Kurosawa
Damnit! That bloody idiot! I should be down and I'll have a word with him, but no idea when that'll be.

"Here you go Kurosawa-chan," She says before going back to her desk.

I sit down and get out my notepad and pens before getting to work with researching and seeing teams development over the new members of the teams.

Hours later, the doors to the faculty room, "Juricchi?" I hear and look up to see Ryouta walking in, "Aren't you going home yet?" He asks before kneeling beside me.

"What time is it?" I ask and look at the time, "7... Jeez..." I rub the back of my neck, "What are you doing here?"

"Well... I was worried, you didn't respond when I told you that I love you," He says, "Come on, let's go get something to eat."

"O...Okay," I stutter a little and pack away my stuff before I walk out with Ryouta, "Where are we going?"

"I don't know, we'll find out when we get there," Ryouta says and looks at me, "I meant what I said..."

"I'm sure you did Ryouta," I sigh as we walk out of the school to the gate, "It's just... I caught me off guard," I say.

"Juri!" I hear and turn to see the Seirin basketball team walking up, "What happened?" Hyuga asks.

"I started to do some researching in the faculty room," I tell them.

"Juricchi... Come on we need to talk about us," Ryouta grabs my hand and I look at him, "Please?" 

"Okay, fine," I nod and turn to the team, "I'll catch you guys tomorrow, make sure to rest and Taiga," I glare at him before walking to him and hitting him over the head, "You're an idiot! Use your goddamn brain and not get pulled into anything ridiculous when you know you can't!" 

"S-Sorry," He bows his head.

"Yeah, well... Remember what I did to Daiki, I'll do the exact same to you," I glare at him and he backs away quickly. I walk back to Ryouta and we walk on, "Let's go eat, I'm hungry."

"So what did Aominecchi say?" He asks.

"Nothing, I'd rather not talk about it," I say as we walk into Maji Burgers. 

Ryouta pays for our burgers and we sit at the end on a table for two, carrying trays. I sit opposite him, "Thank you," I smile at him.

"No problem... So... Do you still feel... Anything for me?" He asks and I unwrap my burger, "I mean, you haven't said anything about when I kissed you and you seem to not be happy that I told you that I still love you."

I sigh and lean back, "I haven't said anything about that kiss because I haven't known what to say about that and I haven't thought I needed to... Ryouta... If I didn't still have feelings for you, I would be walking away from you whenever I see you."

"You... You have feelings for me?" Ryouta looks at me shocked, "Seriously?"

"Hush you, idiot," You smile at him, "I just... I have to focus on something other than myself right now..." You look away from him.

"What are you hiding from me?" Ryouta asks and leans forward, resting his chin on his hands, "You can tell me."

"Everything is fine," I smile, "Nothing I cannot handle... Trust me," I say and eat my dinner, looking out the window.

"Are you sure? I don't mind lending a hand," Ryouta says, "Trust me," He smiles, copying my words.

"Don't worry about it, just eat and shut up," I look back at him, "I don't need help... Not yet anyway..."

"Alright... So we going to talk about our feelings?" Ryouta asks.

"I'll go home..."

"No... Not yet... I got it, I'll stop," He says slightly flustered, "Love you..."

"Yeah, you said," I say and finish my dinner as he finishes his.

"Your boys are against Aominecchi, right?" Ryouta asks.

"Yeah, I'm not confident... I can see Taiga winning against him but right now... It's still slightly in the distance... But he'll get there, whether I beat the idiot to a pulp," I smile at him.

"Hmm... You think that?" His eyes widen.

"We'll give it our best and we will give them a fight that'll be entertaining for the ego basketball player," I smirk looking at Ryouta.

"You scare me at times... You know that?" Ryouta says and smiles, "I know you will be giving them a run for their words."

'I hope anyway' I think and look out the window.