Chapter 21

I walk beside Riko into the gymnasium for today's match, "Guys, are you ready!?" Riko questions the team with her arms folded, "This is our first very important match! Like I've said many times, only three out of four schools here will reach Inter-High! Koganei said earlier that it looks a small feat... But..." She hits him over the face with a fan, "Don't mess with this!!"

My eyes widen at the sight and I glance with Taiga who looks at me, he shrugs before we turn our attention to Riko, "If you think you can afford one defeat just because it's a league game, they'll finish you off! Now is the moment! This very match! Never think 'I'll just work harder next time'! If you have that mindset your next game will still be a failure! You have to win!" Riko says and turns to us.

"Seirin... FIGHT!" We all cheer.

We walk out onto the court, I look up at the stands my eyes scan the crowd. I smile a little before sitting on the end of the bench, "Juri," Riko speaks and I look at her, "I want you to check over our stats, don't worry about the other team if it's too much... I have a feeling your mind might be elsewhere," She smiles a little at me but her eyes glaring daggers at me.

"I-I'm fine... I can do both, promise," I smile at her, "My mind isn't on anything other than this match... I promise," I tell her.

"Hmm... The journey here you were looking at your phone a lot... Not the information packet, like usual... Something on your mind?" She asks.

"Nope, I'm good," I smile at her, "I can sort it."

"Something to do with Kise?" Riko asks.

"Yeah and the others, I can do it... I've got you, Taiga, Tetsuya, Satsuki, Ryouta and Seirin basketball team who are like big brothers to me... I can do it this time," I smile looking at the guys on the court, "I'm not worried and I know I am not alone... Not anymore."

Riko's eyes sparkled with tears looking at me, "Juri!" She hugs me tightly, rubbing her face against mine, "You're so cute at times," Riko sits beside me.

"Daiki isn't here yet," I say looking out onto the court, "Hmm..." I look at Satsuki and she looks at me, I stand up gesturing her to go to the corner. She nods and I turn to Riko, "Be back soon, make sure to keep the guys' spirits up, no matter what," I smile at her and walk to Satsuki.

"What's up Juri?" Satsuki asks with a smile, "The coach isn't very happy, I'm talking to you..."

"Don't worry about it, I'm not going to ask for weaknesses. I can do that without you," I smile at her and wink, "Anyway, where's Daiki? Late as usual or ill?" I ask.

Satsuki sighs and looks at the ground, "He's late... Said he'll be here in the second half... That idiot..." She says.

"That's Daiki for you right," I smile.

"Juri... I think..." She looks at her coach walking up, "Coach Harasawa... Juri, this is Too Academy's basketball coach Harasawa, Katsunori... Coach Harasawa this is Kurosawa, Juri the old manager for Teiko Middle School... She taught me everything I know," Satsuki says.

I bow a little, "Nice to meet you, Sir... Don't worry I wasn't asking for any weaknesses," I smile at him a little.

"I wasn't worried about that... You taught Momoi so I guess you can see all your answers straight away," Coach Harasawa says, "I wanted to ask you something... As the previous manager... You used to help with the coaching correct?"

"Yeah, I always was itching to play so I helped out a little," I explain.

"With Aomine... How did you get him to come to the practice?" Coach Harasawa, "I don't normally ask for help..."