Chapter 13

It's the day of the practice match as Shinkyo Academy and I haven't mentioned what happened between Ryouta and myself to anyone, even when I was asked I told them nothing happened that's worth reporting.

"Everyone is here," Riko says looking back at the team.

I look at the boys, "Did you all look over the information sheets?" They nod and I look at Taiga, "Seriously you're like a grade-schooler going on a field trip... If you're like this in inter-high it may be a disaster," I say and shake my head before turning around to Riko then we all approach the school together.

I sit on a bench with Riko as the boys get changed then begin their warm up. As they comment about Papa not being here we all hear, "OUCH!" I look over to see the 200cm tall player who got stopped by hitting his head on the door frame. He bends and walks inside, "Everything is so low in Japan," He complains.

"He's huge," I mutter to Riko who nods, "Damn..."

"Tell me about it," Riko says.

I watch as Papa comments about the Generation of Miracles as he walks he bumps into Tetsuya, he looks around then down before picking Tetsuya up, "it's no good, little one. Kids shouldn't get on the court," He says.

I try not to laugh and Papa notices the uniform under his usual t-shirt, "A player?!" He puts him down and walks off with a member of his team, "They lost to a team with a kid like that? Maybe the Generation of Miracles are all just kids?" Papa comments.

"To be honest... I am quite a bit irritated now," Tetsuya says.

"I am as well," I comment.

"It's unexpected, but there's a side of you both that hates to lose huh?" Taiga says, "Well then," He adds and Seirin removes their t-shirts over their uniforms, "Let's teach dad and the others that kids can be quite scary when they're pissed!"

I sit down on the bench and Riko looks at me, "I want you to write down data of the opponent and our team as well, can you do that?" She asks.

"Course," I nod and take out my notepad and pen before placing one leg over the other. I pull out my copy of the information sheet and start looking through my sheets, my eyes go to the opposite team and I begin my work as Riko talks with the team before the game begins.

My eyes go from the game to my pad continously, I don't truly pay attention to anything Riko comments on as I know she'll look at my notes and add her comments once again put to the paper. I notice how Papa keeps shoots more than most of his team due to his height, "Let's hope the training with Mitobe will do justice in this game," I mutter.

"It will have faith Juri," Riko says then looks at me, "Why so down anyway?"

"I'm not down, don't know what you're talking about," I say and keeps writing everything down, "I know the trianing with Mitobe-senpai will work... Sorry."

"No need to apologise," Riko says and frowns, "What's up?"

"Urgh, nothing... Nothing that'll distract me from work," I say feeling my phone buzzing constantly. I pull my phone out to see Ryouta calling me but I put the phone back in my pocket, "Promise, I'll be fine."

"Alright," Riko says, "Remember I'm here if you need to talk about anything," She adds and her eyes go back on the game, as do mine and my hand keeps moving quickly as I focus on different players. 

I smile at Tetsuya incepts a pass before passing it to the net where Taiga jumps and dunks with a success alley-oop. I nod and make a note of all the successful shoots and unsuccessful ones. 

The end of the first quarter finally comes with 8 - 23 to Seirin. Riko and I stand up as the team sit down on the bench, "Well done guys, 15 points in the lead! Amazing!" I say as the benchwarmers hand out towels and their water bottles.