Chapter 12

After a mini-game, the boys continue to discuss to preliminaries and Riko walks in, without skipping, which confused a few of the first years so they question her. "Like hell, I will!!" She glares at them.

I slide off the stage and go to her, "What were they like?" I ask.

"They have a player that's a bit troublesome. I'll show you guys a video later. Look at his picture first," Riko says handing her phone to Hyuga.

I step to the captain of the team and look to see a kitten, "Aww adorable!" I smile, "Hmm Riko?"

"Sorry, the next one," She says slightly embarrassed. Hyuga goes to the next photo and sees a basketball player, "His name is Papa Mbaye Siki. Height 200cm, weight 87KGs. An exchange student from Senegal."

My phone rings, "Sorry," I jog to my bag and look at the caller ID before hanging up instantly. I turn to the basketball team to see them freaking a little, except Tetsuya and Taiga.

"Tetsuya, pick a nickname for the guy," I say and walk to the shadow of the team.

Tetsuya thinks for a moment, "Dad," He says bluntly and the team chuckle before Riko begins telling them the issue at hand. 

"LISTEN! It's not just his height, his arms and legs are long as well. You can sum it up with the word tall. The number of schools getting exchange students to increase their battle power is increasing. The next opponent, Shinkyou Academy, was a middle-class school last year, but by recruiting just a single foreign player, they seem like a completely different team. If we can't reach him... With just that, there's no way we can stop him," Riko explains.

"Okay so let me guess," I speak up and Riko looks at me, "There's going to be a special training menu for Tetsuya and Taiga starting tomorrow, right?" I tilt my head.

The door to the gym opens and a first-year who none of us knows peeks inside, "Excuse me," She speaks, "Is Kurosawa-Chan here?" She asks.

"Yes," I walk to her, "Everything okay?" I ask.

"There's someone at the gates asking for you..." She blushes, "Kise-Kun is there."

"Thank you," I smile and she runs off. 

I turn to Riko, "Go on, I go it from here," She says.

"Cheers," I walk to my bag and pick it up before leaving and changing my shoes. I walk to the gate and see the tall blonde surrounded by girls like usual, "Ryouta?" I tilt my head, "What's up?"

"Juricchi!!" He launches at me before wrapping his arms around me, "I was so lonely! I left practice early as I couldn't concentrate!" 

"Hmm?" I pat his back, "Hmm... How about a home-cooked meal?" I ask and ignore the glares from the girls behind me.

"Made by you?!" His eyes sparkle looking at me with a big smile.

"Hmm... Possibly," I smile and push him off me, "Come on let's go, I've been allowed to go earlier but I have some work to do."

"Maybe I could help you," Ryouta says as we walk together.

"By helping me you are helping the enemy," I smile as we walk.

"Oh... Yeah... I won't help," He tells me as we walk, "Don't you usually get picked up?"

"Yeah but Sebastian is with his wife and dad is busy so I said I'd cook," I tell him and look at him to see him frozen and pale, "Yes, my dad will be home and you will probably get a lecture."

"Wonderful..." He sighs as we walk to the convenience store.

"I just need to grab some things won't be long," I say and we walk inside.