Chapter 34

Once both Murasakibara and Himuro had finally changed their t-shirts in order to join the game. I stand by Kiyoshi as we watch Taiga trying to rile up Murasakibara, who keeps glaring at him.

"Stop this already, anyway position-wise I'm the one matching up against him," Kiyoshi says, "And there's no way you can deal with the two together. You take on Himuro and I'll take on Murasakibara," Kiyoshi says.

"Really think you can?" I ask.

"Huh? So my opponent is..." Murasakibara looks at Kiyoshi, slightly disappointed.

"It's been a while. Since we met in middle school!" Kiyoshi says and I freeze.

"Who?" Murasakibara asks and he looks at me, "Did we meet in middle school?"

I look away not recalling us meeting in middle school, "My, don't you remember me?" Kiyoshi asks.

"We competed back then? I forget and I don't remember weak people... Ju-chin doesn't remember interesting people," Murasakibara says.

I past Kiyoshi, "We'll swap if your knee starts hurting too much, I don't need Riko on my case for not looking after you boys, same with you Taiga," I say as I get into my position.

"Right..." Both say very unhappy with my words in front of Murasakibara.

"GAME START!" The referee says and the game begins.

Furihata has the ball, "Kuroko," Kiyoshi says.

"...I got it. Besides, I don't let opponents with an attitude like that rest," Tetsuya says, "Juri..."

"Who?" I ask.

"All," Tetsuya looks at me, "Can you?"

"Watch your mouth," I run past Yosen and jump, catching the ball in my left hand, "Who do you think you are talking to?!" I ask as my eyes catch Murasakibara's as I dunk the ball, I release the hoop and land carefully.

"Ju-Chin... You need to be careful, your body is small," Murasakibara says, his eyes show worry as I look at me.

"I'm okay," I take hold of his wrist, pulling him down as I pat his head, "See? I'm all good!" I smile and skip off as Tetsuya and Kiyoshi end up doing another pass, resulting in Kiyoshi dunking the ball, "Much as I wish you'll remember me, it's useless even if I insist you too! There's nothing I can do if you forget... Except to make you remember with my basketball," Kiyoshi says.

"No, it's alright... Sorry, but I think I remember you now. Kiyoshi Teppei! You make me want to defeat you now," Murasakibara says with his expressionless face as he raises his hand, "Later, you'll wish... I'd just forgotten about you!"

Taiga and Himuro soon end up with their own one-on-one play, Taiga is unable to get through his stance and Himuro is able to do a three-point shoot successfully. 

"Furihata! Don't just stand and stare, it's our turn!" Kiyoshi shouts at him.

Furihata gets the ball, "Furihata-Kun," Tetsuya says, "Please pass me the ball," He says, "Juri."

Furihata passes to Tetsuya who passes to me as I run to the middle of the court. I catch the ball as I stand opposite Murasakibara as I bounce the ball by my side, "Hmm..." I look at him.

"Ju-Chin... You've never been able to get past me before," Murasakibara says.

I jump and got to shoot but I twist my hand a little throwing the ball back to Taiga.

Taiga catches the ball, "We'll decide who's the better one here Murasakibara!" Taiga says.

"Don't get hotheaded like that. Like a reckless idiot," Murasakibara.