Chapter 45

As the third quarter starts, my eyes are drawn to Nash and Jason and I cannot help but think back to how we met.

Flashback 

I walked down some streets, listening to music through my earphones. I heard cheers and shouting, I turned to my right and looked to see two teams going against each other on a basketball court, "Oh?" I stepped to the metal fence as I watched. 

My eyes were drawn to the blonde on the court and I watched him play with his team. It was clear he was the captain of the team.

"Hey girl," I flinch hearing English and I turn to see a tall guy, "Saw something you liked?" He asked amused.

"Something I liked?" I asked and looked at the court, "If you mean am I a fan of basketball, yes I am," I turned to him, "But nothing else."

"Jason hurry up!" We both turned to see the blonde gesturing him to go over, "Who's your friend?"

"I'm on my way," The guy I spoke to said and he walked around me then turned, "Can you really play, with that weight?" He asked almost in disbelief.

I looked at him, "I never had an issue when I was in Japan," I told him.

Jason smirked before going to Nash and I watched the two whisper, Nash nodded, "Join us after this cutie," Jason called out.

Nash chuckled and smiled at me, "It'll be fun!" Nash said.

I watched their match before Jason and Nash told me to join them. I went up against Jason and Nash, individually both ended up on the ground, Jason on his back and Nasho on this front, both panting.

"Such a strong little cutie," Jason said and looked at me, "Awesome."

"Tell me about it," Nash looked me.

I turned to them, "Thank you, that was fun," I smiled at him.

"If you want, we're usually here every day... You should join us... Though Jason isn't known to coming to practice," Nash said, "So, will you join?" 

"I'll think about it, well I should be off, bye," I waved bye before jogged away from the team.

End of Flashback

The third quarter, Nash was different than what he was at the beginning, he faced off against Ryouta who noticed the change in him straight away. Jabberwock was different, they were stronger and faster than what I remembered. I watched the match in shock, it seemed almost impossible for Vorpal Swords, though they never gave up. Tetsuya's misdirection was still working against Jabberwock, but the end result from Taiga was blocked. Jabberwock were definitely showing a completely different side to themselves, almost like they weren't using their full strength in the 1st full half, the frustration from Vorpal Swords was clear as day. Sushi was injuries from trying to block Jason.

"Sushi!?" I rush over to him when a timeout was called out, I kneeled down and Riko gave me the first aid kit. I tend to Sushi as Nash mocks everyone in English, "Can you carry on?" I ask looking at him.

"Yeah, I'll crush them," Sushi says and I nod.

"If I see anything wrong, you are out," I stand up and go back to Kagetora, "He's okay, just pissed off."

The 3rd quarter soon continued, Jabberwock dominated the court instantly. In an instant, there was a 10 point gap with Jabberwock in the lead. The gap just continued to grow, Kagetora and I looked at each other then Seijuro who nodded and we had Tetsuya swapped with Seijuro. Daiki and Ryouta team up together, Daiki activates Zone as Ryouta activates Perfect Copy and I smile watching them. The two of them double-team Jason with such pressure, shocking almost everyone around them as well as Jason. Jason tried passing them, but Daiki instantly stopped him and Ryouta knocked the ball out of Jason's hand, to Seijuro. Seijuro passed back to Ryouta, who did ankle break on Jason, Jason fell back. The quarter continued, showing the hidden strengths of both Ryouta's Perfect Copy of Daiki and Daiki's Zone, it was like watching two Daiki's at once. Jabberwock was stunned at first but soon the team got their vibe back as well as Ryouta copying his teammates with their movements and abilities. Vorpal Swords continued to show they had more than what they were showing that they had more as well. Soon Ryouta decides to go one-on-one against Jason and I glare at him, it's going against what we said but it's what is needed, I noticed his plan and I wasn't happy with it. Ryouta kept copying members of the Generation of Miracles as he marked Jason, soon successful dunked and I smiled at my boyfriend. He did it, he entered the Zone and he still had Perfect Copy activated meaning he was the strongest people on the court. The quarter ended, 60 - 70 with Jabberwock in the lead.