6

Classes are over and it's time to eat. Taehyung picks up his bag, makes his way to the canteen, and then looks for an empty table.

The same feeling that he had in the morning comes back. The alpha hopes Jeongguk will come to him as soon as he sees him and explain why he ran away so suddenly.

As luck would have it, Jeongguk enters the room at this moment. Taehyung can see the Omega stiffen, but returns to normal after a few seconds.

Taehyung doesn't look directly at him, just out of the corner of his eyes. Three young men of the same age walk next to Jeongguk until they can find a table and sit down.

Taehyung sighs, waiting for Jeongguk to come over, but he doesn't even look at him.

Should he dare and take the first step? Before he can make up his mind, however, he hears Hoseok's voice.

"Hey Tae, I'm sorry I'm a few minutes late. Miss Choi asked me to bring some notebooks to her office." A smile spreads on his face as he sat down at the table next to Taehyung.

"No problem, Hyung." His voice sounds sad and the omega notices immediately.

"What's wrong with you? Still not feeling better?" Hoseok puts a hand on his back and gently massages the area.

Taehyung shakes his head. "My mate is here, I haven't seen him in over a year. He disappeared the day after we mated and I don't even know the reason why."

"Oh shit, you should confront him." Hoseok tries to help his friend, but Taehyung shakes his head again.

"It's complicated, that's what I wanted to talk to you about later. Can you wait the couple of hours?" He hopes he'll agree.

"Of course. Tell me, what did you bring for lunch?" Hoseok changes the subject, Taehyung is grateful for that.

"Sandwiches and you?" The younger gives one to the older, who takes it with joy.

"Thanks! I have fruit and this." Hoseok pushes his own snack box over.

"Woa, this is a feast! Did you do it all yourself?" Taehyung smells a selected piece and hums with pleasure.

Hoseok laughs. "Yes, of course, I love to cook. Take more, I brought two sets of chopsticks."

Taehyung takes a set and tries the sushi. As expected, it tastes heavenly. "Damn, can I ask you to cook for me every day? I'll pay you for it too."

Hoseok waves that off. "I would have done that anyway, you don't have to pay me for it. We're friends, aren't we? Friends help each other."

Taehyung nods and smiles. "We are. I'm really happy to have met you, Hyung."

Jeongguk tries to distract himself from his mate by listening to his friends and even participating in the conversation.

He can smell the alpha, it's very intense and every cell in him feels the need to run to him and hug the older. However, that was his wolf's wish, but he himself resisted it.

Taehyung wears a hat and loose clothing. You could see it clearly even when he was sitting in a chair. Jeongguk recalls that the last time they met, Taehyung wore very figure-hugging clothing or nothing at all, but that's not the point right now.

The Omega feels a nudge on its upper arm that rips him out of his thoughts.

"Hey Gguk, what's wrong? You seem distracted." Karl asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh, what? No, I was just a little confused about seeing someone from the past here at the Uni." Jeongguk nods slightly in the direction Taehyung is sitting in, hoping he hasn't seen it.

The three boys turn around and Jeongguk wants to tear their heads off. It's way too obvious and Taehyung definitely noticed.

"Shit, he looks hot." Tony grins. "Is he a wolf? Can you smell him or whatever you wolves do to recognize someone as your own kind."

Jeongguk stares at him. "Yeah, he's one and we don't sniff, what the hell." That isn't completly correct. Of course wolves can tell by the smell, but Jeongguk knows his friends and knows that they imagine how one sniffs the other's butt like dogs do.

Jack laughs, had imagined exactly that. "Well, don't you want to say hello?"

"No thanks, he's an alpha and you know I'm an omega. That wouldn't be good for my health." Jeongguk tries everything to convince them that he doesn't want anything to do with the other person.

"Oh, I see. So is he a danger to you? Don't worry, we'll make sure he stays away from our Ggukie." A strange expression spreads across Jack's face that can't mean anything good.

Hoseok suddenly stops eating and gets Taehyung's attention. "What is Hyung?"

"Those people over there are looking at us, do I have something on my face?" He wipes various places with the palm of his hand but cannot feel anything.

"Stop it." Taehyung giggles. "There's nothing there, maybe they're just surprised to see someone new." The alpha looks in the direction his friend is looking. His breath stops; they are Jeongguk's friends.

Without hesitation, he looks away again, hoping they haven't seen it.

"That's my mate over there, the one in black." Taehyung whispers to Hoseok while discreetly covering his mouth with his hand.

"Oh shit, Jeongguk? I was wondering why you mentioned him this morning. Everything makes sense now, so much makes sense now." The Omega looks at his watch. "Look, it's late and we have to go back to the classroom. We'll talk later as planned, right?"

Taehyung nods. "Of course, if you want, we can go to my apartment, we'll be undisturbed there."

Hoseok presses his lips together. Even if he knows Taehyung is not dangerous, his instincts won't allow it. "Or we go to my apartment, how does that sound?" His own four walls, the neighbors who take care of him, all of these are reasons to feel comfortable and safe.

"Sure, as long as nobody can hear us." Taehyung smiles and gets up to go to his next course. "See you later, Hyung. I'll wait for you at the gates."

"Perfect. See you soon." Hoseok stows his food in his backpack and leaves the canteen directly after Taehyung.