20

Taehyung, Hoseok and Dohun are sitting on the same table as always when they have a break. The Alpha is relaxed, thinks that Jeongguk isn't there today too, but his scent proves him to be wrong. The quiet days are over and soon he'll get to hear his remarks about how dumb he looks like with his ears and tail. Actually, it wouldn't bother him since Taehyung knows that many wolves envy him for it, but Jeongguk is his mate and no matter what, it hurts him.

"Hey, look who has showed up today." Hoseok nods to the entrance of the canteen. Taehyung turns his head, sees the Omega and SooYeon holding hands.

Dohun is noticing it too, as well as Taehyung's change of mood. His pheromones clearly show that he's not liking what he's seeing. "Tae, do you wanna go out with me tonight? We can eat something and then maybe do a bit karaoke."

It's not that he's using the situation to his advantage, no, Dohun wants to distract him and maybe make him realize that he has someone too who cares. Not only him but also Hoseok. Unfortunately, the Omega has a date tonight with Seokjin and they all know what that means. Tomorrow he'd be mated to Jeongguk's older brother.

Taehyung looks at Dohun with a smile that doesn't reach his eyes. "Sure, why not. Let's have a little fun." He continues eating with not much appetite. There was still hope that Jeongguk would be back to his old self and Taehyung would accept him, but he can't do that if he's cheating on him. It's obvious that the Omega is going to try it with the female Alpha. They look good together, he must admit.

Hoseok can't help giving Jeongguk a glare. The latter raises an eyebrow and shrugs. He whispers something to the girl who giggles then.

"He's such an idiot." Hoseok scoffs, makes a mental note to talk to Seokjin about his younger brother.

Taehyung shakes his head. "We aren't together anymore, he can do what he wants and so can I." The Alpha takes Dohun's hand, places the palm on his own cheek. "Are you still looking for a relationship?"

The Beta is perplexed, doesn't know what to do. Yes, he still is looking for one but his interest has changed. Maybe they can help each other with this. "I am."

Taehyung is kissing the back of his hand, letting his lips linger a little. "Good."

Jeongguk, who sah all of this, has to hold back a growl. There's no way that he's going to let his ex win.

And so the game has started, Jeongguk is getting closer to SooYeon while Taehyung prepares himself to take the relationship with Dohun a step further, means that he wants to go on dates with him where they eventually kiss. It's like testing the waters, how much pain is it going to cause, will he feel it soon too?

Jeongguk isn't bi, he doesn't know how to handle all of this, actually regretted it as soon as it had started. He's sorry for SooYeon, sorry that he's using her.

Maybe it's better to confess and end it before it's too late. "Soo, we need to talk." He says after the lectures were done.

"Oh, sure. Shall we go to the cute coffee shop I always wanted to take you?" The Alpha woman smiles, making her dimples visible.

"Sounds like a plan, let's go." Jeongguk leads her down the street while holding the warm and soft hand. Through working out regularly, his own are rough, but she doesn't seem to care about it.

They order and the Omega doesn't waste time to come straight to the point. "Soo." He starts with a sigh. "I'm sorry, I don't want to lead you on. I was about to try something with you, but I just can't get used to the thought of having something with a girl. You're great and beautiful, don't get me wrong, any Omega or Beta would be glad to have someone like you by their side. It's just that I like you as a good friend only and don't want to lose you." Jeongguk takes her hand again, squeezing it with a serious expression.

SooYeon chuckles. "It's funny, you know. Not even two weeks ago I'd have been sad or even hurt hearing those words, but now I'm so fucking relieved. When you've started to get touchy, I panicked a little, not gonna lie. I was thinking of ways to tell you that I'm not interested anymore." She has to hold back giggles after seeing his confused pout.

"Oh wow, that's unexpected." Jeongguk scratches his neck with his free hand, still holding hers with the other. "What happened, if I can ask?"

"I think I'm not ready to tell you the name yet, but I have a crush on someone. He's really nice and his character is much like yours, though, he isn't mated. Ggukie, can I be completely honest with you?" SooYeon sucks the bottom lip in between her teeth.

Jeongguk nods. "Please, I'd appreciate it."

The young woman takes a deep breath. "You really should make up with Taehyung. I don't know what exactly has happened between the both of you. Still, I'm sure that you can find a solution. It's very important to be with your mate. I- Everyone can see how it hurts you and him, too."

Jeongguk stiffened at her words. Not even his other friends have ever talked about this with him. "I don't know if I'm ready yet. He seems to have found someone already, Taehyung is over me and I'm over him."

"I don't agree with you. Take your time, just-" SooYeon knows she's selfish now. "Not too long, please." Dohun is who she's crushing on, has gotten closer to the cute boy through the project they were working on. It's obvious that the Beta likes her too, that's why she was so confused seeing him all lovey-dovey with Jeongguk's mate earlier.