26

The next day comes and all the students who are going on this trip are standing in front of a blue and a green bus. The blue one is for wolves and the green for humans. Their belongings are already safely stowed away in the truck. Now all that's left is for the teachers to call their names so they can finally enter.

It feels like hours until everyone is seated, Hoseok next to Taehyung and Jeongguk next to SooYeon. Unfortunately Dohun had to cancel the trip last minute because of pack reasons.

"Are you as nervous as I am?" Taehyung asks his best friend while rubbing his palms to each other.

"Well, I'd rather be with Jinnie but he wanted me to go so yes, I think I'm a little nervous and excited too." Hoseok chuckles, is looking at a picture of his mate and him.

"Oh, I'm sorry Hobi. I forgot that he's going to be in rut while you're stuck here with us." The older had told him about it right after they had arrived the university grounds this morning.

"It's okay I guess. Let's just try to make many good memories and it's not for nothing. Let's have fun and who knows, maybe you can get it there." Without thinking someone else can hear it, Hoseok says.

Jeongguk who's right behind them does hear it, wants to growl at him but scolds his Omega before it can slip out.

SooYeon looks at him, a knowing smile prominent on her face. "What's wrong Ggukie?"

It gets his attention, he turns his head and shrugs. "Nothing important, my wolf is just a little too noisy. Maybe he can't wait to fool around, there are so many unmated hotties in the bus." The last part was spoken a bit louder, to make sure Taehyung and Hoseok would hear him.

SooYeon nudges the Omega. "So sad that you aren't, looks like you are going to have a dry week." She wiggles her brows teasingly.

Jeongguk scoffs, pulls his phone out of his pocket to play a game. He doesn't know what to reply and hates when she's right.

Taehyung doesn't know why he suddenly feels so uneasy after listening to them. He shouldn't care, but maybe it's because of the pain it would bring, yes, that must be it.

The drive to the airport is short, they arrive in time and get on the plane as one of the first passengers. Alphas, Betas and Omega are seated separately, it's a rule from the airlines. In the past too much happened and so they decided to part them all. Humans and wolves are also separated through a curtain.

It's past noon when they finally arrive the hotel, before everyone could relax for the rest of the day, they needed to get their room cards and roommates.

Taehyung is concerned, he requested a room with Dohun because Hoseok wasn't mated back then.  Now that he is and the Beta's not there, he hopes that the teachers will let them room together.

A man, their math and physics lecturer, is calling out names. One after another is grabbing their keys, happy that they can finally unpack and explore the hotel.

Taehyung, Jeongguk and Hoseok are still standing in the big hall when everyone has left, except for the elders.

"Uh, what about us?" Hoseok, as the oldest of them, asks.

The math professor looks at his paper. "Oh, you have two options. It's either the three of you share one room or Mister Jung gets a single one. Since Mister Kim and Mister Jeon are mated, they have to be together, those are the rules." Even though everyone knows about them being apart, they can't do anything. It's not common that mates don't accept each other after doing the final ritual, to be honest, it actually never happens in those times.

Jeongguk's eyes widen, while Taehyung groans annoyed. Hoseok on the other hand is calm and smirks. "I'll take the single room please."

Taehyung gasps. "No! Hobi, say that you will join us please. We can share a bed and-" He leans in so that only his friend can hear him. "-do forbidden things until late at night." Of course it doesn't include sexual stuff. Taehyung would never make Hoseok cheat on Seokjin.

"Tae, as much as I wanna do that with you, I prefer to not be in between you and Jeongguk. I love my life and I'm still young." Hoseok giggles, winks at the mates before taking the single room key card from the teacher. "Thank you sir." He turns to the couple. "See you both later or tomorrow. I'm actually really tired."

Taehyung wants to hold him back, wants to scream at him that he needs to come back to his senses but the older has already disappeared in one of the elevators.

Jeongguk watches him with different feelings. On one side he's angry, doesn't want to be in the same room as him but on the other side he likes that Taehyung is mad about the situation too. He has to hold back a grin or else the older would see it.

"I'll take these, thank you." The Omega gets the key card and makes his way to the elevator with his heavy luggage, without waiting for Taehyung.

Taehyung notices that and runs after him, never would he have thought that he'd run after the stubborn and stupid Omega ever again.

When Jeongguk saw him coming closer, he immediately used the close button and succeeded. The doors moved right in front of Taehyung's face.

"You fucking idiot, wait until I g-" Jeongguk couldn't hear the rest because the elevator started moving upwards.

"One Jeongguk, zero Taehyung. I don't know why, but I think this trip will be fun." Jeongguk laughs to himself, knows that the other is definitely planning on paying him back for this but he couldn't care less about it.