five

'They say before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for.'

Aphrodite Harper.

As soon as Ultron finished it's sentence, robots flew through the glass windows, straight at us.

The sound of glass shattering filled my ears along with the panicked shouts of the Avengers getting weapons to fight.

Luckily, my hands were my weapons.

It's even luckier that I didn't need to run, because running in this dress would be quite difficult.

I quickly pushed a large gust of air at one of the bots, splitting it in half while it flew towards me, the two halves flying past my head and into the wall.

Another one ran at me, grabbing my arm, but I was quick to light it on fire, pushing my hand through the innards and dismantling it from the inside.

More kept coming while people shot at them and Steve used his shield to fight.

I summoned rocks from outside, and they flew through to windows to get to me. As soon as they reached me, I sent them to several bots, and the stones lodged themselves into the heads of the robots.

A few of them dropped to the ground, but some kept fighting. I sent more rocks to the ones still standing, which shut them down with the second blow.

I noticed a few people had run out of ammo and were grabbing more, and neither Tony or Rhodey had their suits. Banner wasn't going to transform in a small space like this, which meant that only Thor, Steve and I were using our abilities to fight.

The three of us stayed in the middle of the room, attracting the bots to us, while the other stayed on the sides of the room, shooting from the outside.

After the last of the robots had flown in, I'd decided that I'd had enough.

I concentrated and summoned a small amount of water, and once it was under my control, I guided it through the bodies of the robots, causing them to malfunction and drop to the floor.

I was about to ask if everyone was okay, but Ultron spoke up before I could.

"That was dramatic."

I looked behind me to see Steve and Thor still in the centre of the room with me, and it was that moment that I realised I was closer to Ultron than anyone else was.

"I'm sorry I know you mean well, you just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change."

I took a quick head count in the room, and once I saw that everyone was still here, I let out a sigh of relief.

"How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?"

It walked up to one of the robots, picking it up.

"These.. these puppets."

Ultron squished it's head, making my eyes go slightly wide.

This thing was strong.

"Only one path to peace."

When no one said anything, it stood up straight, as if it was staring through my soul.

"The Avengers extinction."

Before I could do anything, Thor ended him by throwing Mjolnir, knocking him to the ground.

"I had strings, but now I'm free, there are no strings on me."

"What the fuck was that." I whispered to no one in particular, walking away to chug the rest of my drink.