fourty two

"How terrible is it to love something that death can touch."

Aphrodite Harper.

Peter helped Tony stand up, and the blue robot extended a hand to me.

"Nebula."

"Aphrodite. Thanks." I said, taking her hand as she gently pulled me to my feet.

Mantis helped Quill stand, and Drax collected himself.

"Where would Thanos be going?" Quill asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"We wouldn't have to worry about it if you didn't bitch slap him. We almost had the gauntlet off, Quill!" I exclaimed angrily, and Tony interlocked our fingers to calm me down.

"He killed my girl. What would you do if he killed Stark." Quill said, and I sighed.

"Do we have any way to find out where he's going?" Peter asked, and I looked at Stephen.

"You got anything, Master of the Mystic Arts?" I asked, and he stared at me.

"Yes."

•••

Stephen meditated for a moment, and then dropped onto his feet, looking at me, and then over to a rock.

He held his fingers up, and used his sling ring to open up a portal.

"Through there is Wakanda. The mind stone is there. That's where Thanos is heading. Let's go." He said, and I grabbed Tony and Peter's hands, walking through the portal as the Guardians and Stephen walked behind us.

We walked straight onto a battlefield.

There were aliens everywhere, fighting Wakandans, and I assume the rest of the Avengers.

An alien dog jumped at me, so I lifted the earth, forming a stalagmite and driving it through the mutants chin.

"We need to find Vision, now!" I yelled, pushing a gust of air at another alien, sending it flying into the air, where it got stabbed with a spear.

I grabbed my ribs in pain as we split up to find Vision, and I dropped down into a ditch to see a tall woman fighting Wanda and Nat.

I stomped on the earth, and woman flew into the air, and got killed but a large metal wheel.

"That was really gross." Nat said, and then her eyes fell on me.

"Dite?"

"Hey, Nat."

They jogged over to hug me, but I help my hand up to prevent it.

"Broken ribs. I wouldn't hug me." I said, wincing as they looked at me in concern.

"It's been so long." Nat said, leaning her forehead on mine.

"I've missed you girls." I said, and we kissed eachother on the cheeks before I looked at them.

"Do you know where Vision is? Thanos has every stone, he's on his way here." I said, making Wanda gasp.

"A group of us just fought him on Titan for the time stone. We lost. We need to get to Vision before he does." I explained, and Nat pressed her earpiece.