twenty seven

"Where my heart is, is where my mind wanders, and where my body goes. All of me, finds it's way to you."

Aphrodite Harper.

"Okay so if you had to choose between being Thor or Captain America, who would you choose?" I asked, and Peter laughed.

"Thor, easy."

"Why's that?" I asked, looking over at him.

We were sitting on the living room floor, eating popcorn while Tony finished working on one of his suits.

It had been two weeks since Peter moved in, and he'd settled in better than both Tony and I thought he would.

Tony spent the days working on his suits, tinkering and building new ones and spending time with Peter and I when he wasn't in the basement.

I spent the days cooking, planning renovations for the house and consulting Tony on them, and just enjoying the lack of responsibility for once.

Peter spent a lot of time with me, enjoying having someone around. When he wasn't with me, he was either with Tony checking out his suits, helping him here and there, or doing homework.

I called his school when he moved in, and asked them to transfer him to online study, and they hesitantly obliged. After I explained why, they were more than happy to help Peter in any way they could.

Everything was going well.

Rhodey was still on the mend, and we visited him every couple of days to make sure he was going alright.

Tony and I still hadn't spoken to any of the other Avengers apart from Rhodey, and we were happy to keep it that way.

I did wonder from time to time where they were and how they were, but at the end of the day, I was okay not knowing.

"Thor has his hammer, he's a god from another world! That's so cool!" Peter exclaimed, making me laugh.

"But Captain America has super strength and a cool shield!" I defended Cap, still laughing.

I would never defend Steve after what he did. His ability however, I'd back up.

"You can just go for his legs. Where's Thor's fault?" Peter brushed me off, and I jokingly rolled my eyes.

"He doesn't have one. You win, Pete." I said, making Peter grin and throw some popcorn in his mouth.

You can never go wrong with some salty popcorn.

"Alright, my turn." He said, tapping his chin in thought.

"Would you rather be Scarlet Witch, or Black Widow?"

"Good question, Black Widow." I answered, and Peter looked confused.

"Why?"

"I want something different. Black Widow is a skilled assassin, I wonder what that's like." I shrugged, and Peter nodded, understanding.

"Alright, you go."

"Me or Iron Man?" I asked, and Peter groaned.

"Don't make me choose."

"You gotta." I said, throwing some popcorn in the air and catching it with my mouth.

"I don't know!" He exclaimed, and I heard the door open behind us.

"Iron Man, obviously."

"You're biased, Tones." I glared at him, and he shrugged.

"So are you." He grinned at me, and I threw some popcorn at him face.