thirty four

Part Three: Infinity War

"She's gonna be an angel, just you wait and see."

Aphrodite Harper.

The days went by extremely uneventful for a while.

Peter enrolled in a school in New York to finish his study.

Rhodey was able to walk again with the aid of leg braces, so him coming over for dinner became a regular occurrence.

I took care of housework and the pets, with the occasional help of the boys. I didn't expect their help though, since both of them had busy lives.

Tony spent a lot of time in his basement, making more advanced suits for himself.

Since Scott got inside his suit, Tony shifted his work to nanotech, spending his days trying to perfect a nanotech suit. That way, no one could dismantle it from the inside.

He also created adjustments to Peter's suit, giving it a heater and parachute, after Rhodey's fall.

Tony wouldn't admit it to anyone except for me, but he cared about Peter's safety more than he cared about his own.

He made a new, better suit for Peter, but hadn't given it to him yet, since we didn't need them for anything beyond temptation.

Tony took notice of how I would have to get changed for past battles, so for my birthday, he gave me a watch. The trick being, I press a small button on the side, and a nanotech suit would cover my body.

It was almost like a simple black bodysuit, adorned with gold fibres.

I loved it, but I hadn't worn it, since we didn't need to fight.

Life became simple.

Tony and I were doing great, we hadn't fought since the airport, and we saw eye to eye on how to raise Peter.

Peter really did become our son.

He saw us as his real parents, but he would still call us by our names, and we were okay with that.

Whatever made him comfortable, was fine by me.

The turtles and fish were happily living in harmony, and Peter enjoyed feeding them in the mornings.

Rocky and Princess were getting bigger as the days went by, and it always put a smile on my face to see Peter come home from school and tackle them into cuddles on the floor.

Everyone was happy.

Everything was good.

I trained Rocky and Princess to be guard dogs, not that we needed them, but just incase. They were still little bundles of cuddles and kisses, though.

We were a family.

I hadn't spoken to Steve since the phone call, and he hadn't reached out.

All that mattered was that everyone was safe.

Tony got them cleared through Ross. He didn't want to, but I told him that if we needed to come back together, it would be best that Ross wouldn't step in and make the situation more tense than it needed to be.

He knew I was right, as much as he didn't want to admit it.

Peter used to look up to Steve, but he cared about Tony more than he respected the Avengers.

Vision had recently turned off his transponder, too. We had no idea where he or Wanda were, but long as they were safe, it was okay.

Bruce and Thor were still off the radar, and I feared as the days went by that Bruce wouldn't be coming back.