fifteen

"Always remember how rare you are. There is no one quite like you."

!! smut warning !!

Aphrodite Harper.

After that woman walked away, I turned to face Tony, placing my hand on his cheek softly.

"Tony-"

"We killed him."

"We didn't kill him. Ultron did." I said, and the elevator doors opened.

I walked in, lightly tugging his hand to pull him in the elevator.

The ride was silent.

Tony put his head on my shoulder, breathing heavily while I ran my hands through his hair, soothing him.

Eventually the doors opened, and I tilted his chin so he could look at me.

"Let's go home." I smiled softly, hiding the pain in my eyes.

I needed to be there for Tony or he'll never sleep again.

Taking his had in mine, I led him out of the building and to his car.

"I'll meet you back at ours okay? Can you drive?" I asked, and Tony nodded.

"Yeah. I'll be fine. See you soon." He said, kissing my forehead and getting into his car.

I watched him pull out of the parking lot, and I walked to my car, getting in and putting my music on.

Charlie Spencer.

That poor boy.

It wasn't our fault though, it couldn't have been, right?

Yes, we broke Sokovia, but it was the only choice we had.

Ultron was going to wipe out humanity as we knew it.

Were we really guilty then?

I shook the thoughts out of my head, dialling Steve's number.

It went straight to voicemail, which was weird since he usually picked up straight away.

"Hey Cap, just checking in, wondering how your mission went for you. Something happened to Tony and I this afternoon, we're a little shaken up but otherwise fine. Call me back." I said, then hung up, driving a little over the speed limit to get back home.

Once I pulled into the driveway, I shrugged my coat off, putting it on a hanger in the hallway and unzipped my boots, putting them on the shoe rack.

"Hey Friday, is Tony downstairs?" I asked, already knowing he would be.

"Yes Miss Harper. He shows signs of distress but will not talk to me."

"That's okay, thank you for trying. I'll take it from here." I said kindly, jogging down to Tony's lab.

I walked in, and saw him working on a new suit.

"Tones." I said softly, placing my hand on his shoulder.

He flinched, but relaxed when I started rubbing his shoulders, letting out a small groan in comfort,

"God, keep doing that." He murmured quietly, and I happily obliged.

Tony put his tools down, but stayed seated and I rubbed the tension out of his shoulders.

"It wasn't your fault. It wasn't any of our fault." I said softly, but he sighed.

"I said we needed a suit of armour around the world. Look what happened." He shot back, and I turned him around, standing between his legs.

"Sweetheart, we did the best we could with what we had. No one can hate us for that." I said reassuringly, moving my hands from his shoulders to his hair.