eleven

"She was so intense, that even strangers she walked past had marks on them because of her presence."

Aphrodite Harper.

Everyone scrambled to find battle positions. Tony went to examine the core, Vision distracted Ultron, Banner and Nat joined us in the fight, Clint, Pietro and Wanda fought on the other side of Sokovia, leaving Thor, Steve and I near the bridge.

Several bots flew towards us, and I managed to dodge them, but one hit Steve, knocking him to the ground.

"Cap, you've got incoming."

Tony's voice came through the earpiece, making me laugh.

"Incoming already came in." I said back, shaking my head, chuckling before shooting flames at melting bots.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off." Steve instructed, and I rolled my eyes.

Not sure I can walk off death Steve, but okay, thanks.

I watched Thor fly off the rock, to go save a woman who drove off the cliff.

"I got you, just look at me." Steve said, holding her.

"You can't save them all, you'll never-" I cut Ultron's bot off, tossing it off the now very high rock, making Steve smirk.

"You'll never what? You didn't finish!" Steve called out to it while I seperated a chunk of rock, making it float off the edge of Sokovia.

Stepping on it, I managed to make it float around Sokovia, carrying me away from the danger.

I floated up to get a good view of the city, shooting flames and bursts of air at robots in the middle, helping Steve and Thor.

"Alright, we're all clear here." Clint said, sounding very exhausted.

"We are not clear!" Steve yelled, and I watched him throw his shield at a bot, jumping into it and breaking the robot in half. "We are very not clear!"

"Alright, coming to you."

I watched from above as Nat and Banner joined Thor and Steve, as more and more bots came to them.

I managed to melt several of them, and take out a few flying ones.

Once the smoke cleared, I floated back down to where they were.

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got Stark?" Steve asked, and Tony responded almost immediately, not sounded happy.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear."

Are we going to need to blow up Sokovia?

"Tones, you sure that's a good idea?" I asked into the earpiece, and Steve spoke up before Tony could respond.

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second." Tony shot back. "We're going to have to make a choice."

"We need to blow it." I sighed, brushing a hand through my hair.

"Been waiting to hear that since we met, Harper."

"Shut up, Stark." I said, smiling a tiny bit, making him scoff.

"Never."

"I'm not leaving this rock with on civilian on it." I heard Steve say to Nat, and she gave me a sad smile, before looking back at Steve.