thirty five

"What makes her strong is that despite the millions of things that hurt her, she talks of nothing but happiness."

Aphrodite Harper.

One Year Later.

Tony and I had spent the last year planning our wedding and living life as normal.

Life was going swimmingly, I would say.

Peter had packed his bags to go on a field trip today, leaving Tony and I alone.

We decided to go for a walk in the park, and we held hands as we went for our stroll.

Tony was rambling on about dreams, and realism in them, making me laugh.

I was walking faster than him, and he had to lightly pick up the pace to catch up to me.

"Slow down, slow down." He said, and I slowed down, but continued walking at his speed.

"I'm totally not kidding." Tony said, making me laugh.

"You're totally rambling, Tones." I said, grinning, and he frowned, cutting me off before I could talk.

"No I'm not, Aphrodite." He said, and I stopped walking, shrugging at him.

"Look honey, you lost me." I said, and he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Okay, look. You know how you're having a dream, and in the dream you gotta pee?" Tony asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah, why?"

"Okay, and then you're like, 'Oh my god, there's no bathroom, what am I gonna do?', 'Oh! Someone's watching, I'm gonna go in my pants.'" Tony rambled, making me laugh.

"Okay, yes." I said, and before he could talk, I spoke again.

"And then you wake up, and in real life you actually have to pee?" I asked, and Tony nodded frantically.

"Yes."

"Well, yeah." I said, shrugging.

"Everybody has that."

"Right! That's the point I'm trying to make!" Tony exclaimed, and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Alright, so what dream did you have?" I asked, and Tony jogged in front of me, making me stop where I was standing.

"Last night I dreamt that we had a kid. It was so real, baby." He said, and I smiled.

"Yeah?" I asked, and Tony nodded.

"Guess what he was called?" Tony asked, and I froze.

"Alex?"

Tony clapped once, telling me I was right.

"Well actually Alexander, but Alex for short."

"So you woke up, and thought that we were-" I said, but Tony cut me off.

"Expecting Alex."

I nodded, understanding while Tony looked excited.

"So, yes?"