twelve

"It was the way you laughed. I knew I wanted you in my life."

Aphrodite Harper.

We eventually made it back to the new Avengers facility, in upstate New York.

Tony had gotten it made to surprise us, since we didn't have a lot of safety in the old Avengers tower.

Vision, Wanda, Rhodey and Sam stayed in the training room, taking in the facility and getting to know eachother better.

Fury and Nat were talking in a seperate room after taking Clint back home to Laura and the kids.

I didn't know where Tony, Thor and Steve were, so I walked into the training room to talk to Wanda.

She looked different. I guess they made a suit for her.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed, jogging down the stairs.

I jokingly saluted Sam, gave Vision a courteous nod, and hugged Rhodey before walking to Wanda.

"Wanda," I said, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"I know we got off to a rough start, but I'm here for you. If you need to talk, I'm your girl." I said kindly, and she embraced me in a tight hug.

"Thankyou." She whispered, and I closed my eyes, feeling her pain.

"It's okay. I didn't know Pietro for long, but he was a good man." I said, and pulled away from the embrace.

"He really was." Wanda said, letting a tear slip.

I wiped it away and gave her a soft smile.

"He's watching over you, Wanda. I'm sure if he sees someone treating you out of line, they'll get bitch slapped into the next life." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well you're my babysitter afterall, Pietro is gonna have a word with you if you give me orange juice instead of apple."

I let out a loud laugh, and Wanda joined in.

"Well I'm older than you. Therefore, I'm in charge. If I give you orange juice, you drink orange juice." I joked, and she hugged me again.

"Thankyou for believing in the good in me." Wanda said, and I could tell she meant it.

"I'll always believe in you." I said, and we let go of eachother.

"I need to go, will you be okay?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"I'm pretty sure Steve and Natasha are in charge of training." Wanda said, and I smiled.

"Then you're in good hands. You have my number if you need me." I said, turning around and beginning to walk out of the room.

I found Tony, Steve and Thor walking through the halls, talking.

"Bruce is still off the radar. Fury said the quinjet is in the ocean somewhere." I said, approaching them.

"He'll turn up eventually." Tony said, and I nodded.

"In other news," Steve interrupted, "The rules have changed."

"We're dealing with something new." Tony agreed, and Steve nodded.

"Well, the Vision is artificial intelligence."

"A machine." Tony said, and I laughed.

"A machine lifted Mjolnir." I pointed out, and Steve pointed at me.

"So it doesn't count."

"It's not like a person lifting the hammer." Tony said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Right. There's different rules for us." Steve smiled.