thirty one

"You feel like home, and everywhere I've never been, all at once."

Aphrodite Harper.

My heart leapt out of my mouth and onto the pavement when I saw my favourite boys, and as soon as the gate opened, I jumped into Tony's arms, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Hey, handsome." I whispered, kissing his cheek as he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly.

"Hey gorgeous." He responded, and I jumped down, bringing Peter in for a hug, standing on my tip toes.

"Hey kid, Tony been treating you alright?" I asked, and he hugged me back happily, and nodded.

"Mr Stark has been great to me."

"I'm glad." I smiled, pulling away and looking back at the prison.

"Let's get out of here."

We got in the helicopter to take us back to New York, and I sighed of relief as I watched the disgusting walls of that hellhole disappear behind me.

Tony placed his hand on my thigh, rubbing circles in with his thumb, making me smile and close my eyes.

"I know you just got out and probably want to relax," Peter said, and I opened my eyes to look at him.

"But Aunt May died." He said, tears welling into his eyes, and I took his hand in mine since I couldn't properly hug him.

"I'm sorry Peter. I promise we'll figure something out." I said, and he nodded.

"Thankyou."

I could tell he didn't want to talk about it any further, so Tony cleared his throat, drawing the attention to him.

"So, Ross told me you threatened all of the inmates, care to tell me why you did that?" He asked, and Peter giggled.

I rolled my eyes.

Of course he did.

"An asshole tried to threaten me. I put him in his place." I said, making Tony smirk.

"That's my girl."

"What about you threatening all of the prisoners?" Peter asked, clearly curious, and I laughed.

"Thought I might as well mark my territory. I didn't know when you guys were coming." I answered, making him nod.

Tony chuckled, clearly proud of me.

"So, how did you convince Ross to let me out?" I asked, and I watched Tony and Peter share a glance.

"He agreed after I pestered him for long enough." He said, and Peter nodded, agreeing with him.

Sure you did.

"So what actually happened?" I questioned him further, and they shared another glance.

"Mr Stark paid for your bail." Peter said, and I thanked Peter for telling the truth, then turned to Tony.

"How much was it?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"It's not important, my love. You're out, that's what matters." Tony said, and I rolled my eyes, but I wasn't angry.

I just didn't want it to be that much.

I stayed silent, staring at him until he caved.

Peter shifted in his seat uncomfortably, and Tony looked between us.

"Just tell her Mr Stark!" Peter broke the silence, and I held back a laugh.

"You can just tell me, Pete." I said, and he opened his mouth to respond, but Tony butted in before he could.