seventeen

"Eye contact is more intimate than the exchange of words will ever be."

Aphrodite Harper.

"Honey, I promised Steve I'd go with him. He needs a friend, now more than ever. Especially since people are angry with him about the Accords." I said, sipping my tea and sitting on the kitchen counter, with Tony standing between my legs.

We found ourselves in this position quite a lot, I guess because it's intimate, and we never really had quality time together.

"I know, I just don't want you to go." Tony sighed, and I gave him a soft smile, putting my tea down and resting my hands on his cheeks.

"I have to. You and Rhodey can stay here and get everyone else to sign the Accords while I'm gone." I said, kissing his nose softly.

He smiled, but tried to hide it.

Tony secretly loved little things like that, but he'd never admit it.

"I'm not sure Sam and Wanda will sign though. Steve definitely won't."

"Don't worry about Steve right now, just focus on Sam and Wanda." I said, and he nodded.

"So you're going to London for the funeral and then coming back?" Tony asked, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I sighed, shaking my head.

"No, remember I agreed to go with Nat afterwards to sign the Accords in Vienna. You can come, if you'd like?" I offered, and Tony looked in thought, before shaking his head.

"That's okay, I'll stay here and deal with a few things while you're gone." He said, and I smiled.

"Good," I said, kissing his forehead. "Be productive outside of your suits while I'm gone."

"No promises." Tony joked, and I giggled.

"I'll tell Friday to lock your door closed so you can't get in." I playfully teased him, and he gasped.

"You wouldn't."

"If Friday tells me you're spending all your time in there then I will." I said seriously, and then smiled at him.

"You'll be okay though, right?" I asked, and Tony nodded, kissing me softly.

"Of course. Don't worry about me." He said, and I looked at him lovingly.

"Good." I said, sliding off the counter, and finishing the rest of my tea.

"I better get changed and grab my bag. Happy is picking me up in ten minutes." I told Tony, and he nodded, following me to our room.

He took my suitcase, placing it by the door before sitting on the bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked, taking my ugg boots off.

"Watching my girlfriend get undressed. Is that a problem, darling?" Tony asked, and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Watch away."

"That's what I like to hear." Tony smirked, and I playfully rolled my eyes before pulling Tony's hoodie off, and sliding my track pants down my legs.

I pulled some high waisted black slacks on, pairing it with a silk black dress shirt.

I tucked it in the waistband of my pants, securing it tightly with a black belt and a golden buckle.

I topped off the outfit with some slick heeled boots, and matched my belt with some gold earrings and necklaces.

"You look beautiful, honey." Tony said, hugging my from behind and lightly kissing my neck.

I smiled at the contact, looking at him in the mirror.