twenty eight

"She's the kind of queen that knows her crown is not on her head, but in her soul."

Aphrodite Harper.

"Worst comes to worst, they put me in prison again and I just break out." I shrugged nonchalantly, putting my grey blazer on.

I had a meeting with Ross today. He wanted to see me. I knew there was a chance it was a trap, so they could arrest me, but I thought it would be nice to come to an agreement.

I'm mature like that.

Sometimes.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to breaking out of prison.

"Do you need me to come?" Tony asked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and resting his head on my shoulder.

"No, stay here with Peter. I'll be okay." I said, turning around and placing my hands on his chest.

"Besides, Peter was talking about helping you with your suit today. You wouldn't want to upset him, would you?" I teased, kissing his cheek and walking out of the room and down the stairs.

Tony followed me, handing me my purse by the front door while Peter waved at me from the kitchen, eating waffles.

"Just be safe. If you need me, call and I'll be there, okay?" He asked, sounding serious as I took my purse from him.

"Of course. I love you, I'll be back a bit later." I said, squeezing Tony's hand, and he smiled.

"I love you too."

"Bye Pete, don't cause too much trouble while I'm gone!" I exclaimed, and he laughed, mouth full of waffles.

"No promises!"

I laughed, shaking my head and giving Tony a swift kiss on the lips, taking one of the car keys and heading out to the driveway.

As I drove, I thought about a lot of things.

Where Steve and Barnes were, and how Nat and Sam were doing.

Where Vision and Wanda were going.

How Rhodey was feeling.

If Peter's Aunt had shown any progress.

The meeting with Ross.

I guess I had a lot to deal with.

Once I pulled up to the all too familiar building, two guards stood at the door, and one stopped me by holding his hands up.

"What business do you have here?" One asked, and I refrained from rolling my eyes.

The other guard hit the first one.

"You idiot! That's Aphrodite Harper!"

"Oh shit, I'm sorry ma'am." He apologised, and I smiled.

"No worries. Could I get in though? Ross is already mad at me and I'd hate to piss him off even more." I said, and they guards nodded.

"Follow us, please."

They led me to a briefing room, and left me there.

Ross stood, looking out the window with his back to me, making me scoff quietly.

Taking the dramatic route, I see.

I cleared my throat, and Ross turned to look at me.

"Aphrodite Harper, surprised you actually showed up." He said, and I chuckled.

"I would like to live a life with Tony without being a fugitive, and I know you can make that happen. So, of course I'm here." I pointed out, making him shrug.