fourteen

Part Two - Civil War

"So many strong women began as broken girls."

Aphrodite Harper.

I spent the last few weeks with Tony, living together and sleeping in the same bed, talking until early in the morning before going to sleep.

He warned me he gets night terrors sometimes, and I assured him I'd be here for him if he needed me.

The nights were typically quiet, but there were some days he woke up in cold sweats, and I would hold him to calm him down.

We spent the days moving my stuff in, making food and spending quality time together.

Tony thought it would be best for me to move out of my place, since it felt haunted and I would never truly feel safe there, so I moved in with him.

It felt like we rushed into it, but because of the circumstances, we made it work, especially since he was out a lot, either doing interviews or at Stark Industries.

I occasionally visited the Avengers facility, checking in on Wanda and making sure everyone was okay.

Beth, Georgia and Savannah checked in every few days, but gave me space to adjust with the transition.

I was making breakfast for Tony and I, and as I placed the plate of pancakes on the kitchen table, I thought it would be a good idea to check on Tony.

"Friday?" I asked the A.I, pouring a cup of tea for me, and one coffee for Tony.

"Good day, Miss Harper. What can I do for you?"

"Could you please tell Tony breakfast is ready?" I asked, grabbing some toppings for the pancakes.

"Mr Stark would like to know what you made." Friday responded, and I rolled my eyes.

"Tell him if he wants to know, he can stop tinkering with his suits and find out." I said, sitting at the table and serving myself some food.

"Of course Miss Harper." Friday said, and I smiled.

Tony walked through the door, wiping some sweat from his forehead and sitting in front of me.

"This looks delicious. Thankyou, honey."

I smiled, taking a bite of my pancakes, sliding his cup of coffee to him.

"No worries. Eat up, you have a big afternoon ahead of you." I said, sipping my tea.

Tony had a presentation today.

He was planning on funding hundreds of student's projects through an Inaugural September Foundation Grant.

"You're still coming right?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it." I responded, making him smile and keep eating.

"Alright, I better get to Stark Industries and get the last of it together." Tony said, wiping his mouth and standing up.

He leaned down to me, kissing me swiftly on the lips before grabbing his jacket.

"See you this afternoon. I'll be the handsome billionaire on the stage." Tony smirked, and I laughed.

"I'll be the girl backstage rolling her eyes." I shot back, and he playfully rolled his before leaving the building.

I cleaned up the table and washed the dishes, before a thought dawned on me.

Maybe now was a good time to call Steve about his old friend.

I dialled Steve's number, and he picked up almost straight away.