fourty three

~ A.N ~
Apologies to the Carol Danvers and Clint Barton fans of you all, but neither of them will be in the Endgame chapters.
Much love, I hope you're all ready for what's about to happen x

•••

Part Four: Endgame

"Sometimes I feel like giving up. But I just can't. It isn't in my blood."

Aphrodite Harper.

Tony and I walked into the Avengers facility for the first time in years, looking like a fucking mess.

I had spent hours crying, and Tony was just blank.

He barely spoke.

The first people we saw we're Steve, Nat and Bruce, who looked at us with shock and sympathy.

I guess they didn't expect us to show up.

I hugged them all, and Tony froze when he saw Steve.

It was going to be the first time they'd spoken since Siberia.

Steve stared at Tony, not knowing what to say, so my fiance cleared his throat.

"Couldn't stop him."

Steve sighed.

"Neither could I."

"I lost our kid." Tony said, and Steve, Nat and Bruce looked sad, knowing how much pain Tones and I were in.

"Tony, we lost." Cap responded, and we walked into a room where everyone else was waiting.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey said, and and Nat stood up to point to the holograms.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census." She said, and sighed.

"And it looks like he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures." Nat locked eyes with me, and my heart tore in half when I saw a photo of Peter.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked, and Steve shrugged.

"We don't know. He just opened the portal and walked through."

I noticed Thor looking incredibly glum, and my heart hurt for him.

"What's wrong with Thor?" I asked, and the racoon chuckled.

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there?" He said, making Tony give him a strange look, and I knew he was going to say something stupid.

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear." Tony said, making me slap his shoulder.

"Maybe I am." The creature responded.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep Space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing." Steve said, and then looked at Tony.

"Tony, you fought him." He said, making Tones scoff.

"Who told you that?" My fiance responded, looking sarcastically surprised, shaking his head.

"I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the stone. That's what happened. There was no fight." Tony said, and I placed my hand supportively on his shoulder.