thirty three

"There is not a single thing purer in this world, than the love of a dog."

Aphrodite Harper.

I met Rocky and Princess secretly, while Peter was helping Tony with his suits.

They were the cutest pups ever.

Rocky was a sleepy boy, and Princess was an active girl.

They slept in the backseat as I drove home, and I spent the entire drive thinking about how much Peter was gonna love this.

I parked the car in the driveway, smiling to myself and looking at the backseat.

I got out the car, and opened the backdoor, waking the pups up, as they looked at me happily.

"Hey cuties." I whispered, scratching Rocky behind the ear, and he quickly jumped up, Princess following him.

"You two are gonna make a boy very happy today." I whispered, grabbed the adoption form Tony gave me, folding it and putting in under Rocky's collar.

I picked them up and put them in a box with holes in it so they could breathe, and I carried it inside, as easily and gently as I could.

"Friday, tell the boys I'm home, would ya?" I asked, and put the box on the floor in the living room.

"Yes, Miss Harper."

Tony and Peter came upstairs shortly after that, and Tony stood next to me, behind the box.

Peter stood on the other side of the room, looking confused.

"What's in the box?" He asked, and I smiled.

"Would you like me to open it for you?" I asked, and he nodded.

Tony smiled at me as I knelt down, and opened the top flap of the box.

Immediately, Princess jumped up, and tumbled out of the box.

Peter gasped, which caught her attention, and Princess ran straight over to, jumping in his arms.

He started laughing as she licked his face, and he beamed at us.

"Is she mine?" Peter asked, and I nodded.

"Her name is Princess, and she's all yours, Pete." I said, and he held Princess at arms length so he could look at her.

"Hi Princess! I'm Peter!"

She responded by yapping, and he cuddled her close.

"That's not all though, kid." Tony said, and Peter put Princess down, and she started running in circles.

"What's next?" He asked, looking like a child on Christmas day, and I looked down at the box.

I picked Rocky up, holding the tired puppy in my arms.

"This is Princess' brother, Rocky." I said, and Peter gasped, walking over to my and holding his arms out.

"Is he mine too?"

"Yeah." Tony said, and Peter looked between us, and took Rocky from my arms.

"They're so wonderful, thankyou." He said, tears brimming at his eyes as Rocky fell asleep in his arms and Princess was jumping around.

"There's one more thing." I said, and he looked surprised.

"There's more?" Peter whispered, trying not to wake up Rocky, and Tony and I nodded.

I took Rocky from Peter's arms, and led Peter to the couch.

He sat in between Tony and I, and I placed Rocky in my lap.