twenty four

"It takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations."

Aphrodite Harper.

I looked at Tony in anticipation, nervous about what he would do.

He quickly lunged towards Bucky, but I stopped him by placing my hands on his chest.

"Baby." I said, worry written across my features.

"Please tell me you didn't know." Tony whispered, looking at me which a broken expression.

"I promise you, I didn't know. I promise." I said, placing my hand on his cheek and hoping he would believe me.

"You have to believe me. Please." I whispered, and he closed his eyes for a moment, opening them to meet mine.

"I believe you."

Steve grabbed the back of Tony's arm, making him flinch.

"Tony. Tony."

Tony had tears in his eyes, making my stomach drop. He turned to Steve, and let one fall.

"Did you know?" He asked, and I felt my heart tear in that one, fleeting moment.

"I didn't know it was him." Steve responded, looking apologetic.

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers! Did you know?" Tony asked, and I held his metal hand, trying to keep him calm.

Steve looked at me, then back at Tony.

He looked guilty.

"Yes."

I let go of Tony's hand when Steve admitted to it, my blood beginning to boil.

Tony stepped away, and without saying anything, he closed his helmet he punched Steve to the floor, then quickly disarmed Barnes.

I watched Tony grab him and fly across the chamber, slamming him onto the floor and dragging Barnes while Steve looked worried.

I wanted to help, but Tony had every right to want to hurt them.

This wasn't my fight.

I looked back to the window to see Zemo walking away, and I looked between him and Tony, not knowing what to do.

This is Tony's fight.

Zemo needs to pay.

"Tony! I'm going after Zemo!" I exclaimed, making up mind.

Tones could take Steve and Barnes on by himself.

"Do your thing babygirl!" Tony shouted at me, flashing a beam of light at Steve.

The last thing I saw was Steve's shield hitting Tony, distracting him, but Tony managed to buckle Steve's feet together for a minute.

I jogged through the hallways, hearing the boys yell at eachother.

"Get out of here!"

"It wasn't him, Tony. Hydra had control of his mind!"

"Move!"

"It wasn't him!"

I found Zemo outside, listening to a woman's voice on the phone.

"You should've seen his little face. Just try, okay? I'm going to bed. I love you."

"Is this is all you wanted?" I asked, walking towards Zemo, eyeing him cautiously.

"To see them rip each other apart?"

I watched him put the phone down, pressing a button before staring into the horizon in front of us.

"My father lived outside the city. I thought we would be safe there." Zemo said, and I walked closer to him as he spoke.