Chapter |2|Auction

My heart was racing was fear, and the constant sharp turns that the truck was making, sent me flying into the hard metal beside me

The men grabbed each girl on my floor, tied our wrists together, and shipped us off in large trucks like cattle.

Georgina's beside me and I notice that she's visibly shaking with fear, tears are welled up in her eyes and all I want to do is give her a hug but these barbarians won't even allow me to do that.

"Hey, it's okay Georgina. We all knew this day was coming and now we just have to get through these next two weeks." The strong reassuring front I was putting on was starting to crack.

"How can you say that? I mean, maybe it will be okay for you but not for me. In the last test I barely got a five and apparently there's problems with my ability to conceive children. I'm scared Arabella. I'm going to end up in the labs, I just know it." A small sob came out of her mouth, as she began to silently cry and all I could do was watch her break.

The truck came to a sudden halt, making all the girls jerk forward. I try to stifle the small laugh that comes out of my mouth as Ivy tumbles onto the floor.

"My hair," She cries and it baffles how she can think of such trivial matters at this time.

Unfortunately for me, Lilia was placed in a separate truck. Her last words to me were we will meet again, and at this moment I'm not too sure about that.

The steel doors to the trucks swing open, revealing a very muscular bearded man and a tall lanky bald man, complete opposites to each other.

"Girls move!" The bearded one's deep voice boomed, echoing throughout the truck. The girls began to squeal and scream as they were forced off the truck and thrown outside.

My turn came fast and the bald man grabbed ahold of my bare arm with his sweaty palm, and threw me towards the hard ground, but before I could fall Carly grabbed me.

I was so thankful that I had a friend with me in this moment and she took my hand in hears, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

She was always the mother of the group, despite being one of the youngest. She just has that maternal aura around her and she always made sure everyone was alright. In fact, she couldn't sleep until the rest of us already were.

"It's okay Ari," She whispered softly, wiping a fallen tear off my cheek. In all the commotion, I didn't even realise I was crying.

The whole thing was beginning to register in my mind. I was going to be sold. Sold or become a human incubator, either one was a horrible fate.

"Let's go!" Another man shouted, making the the two men from before push us into what looked liked, a black crate. We were told to stand in a line formation and Carly was standing in front of me, her hand still tightly gripping mine.